first day of school

today was the first day of school. first day of my freshman year. i've always hated the first day of school. new classes, new teachers, new school. i was laying in bed when my mom shouts

   "y/n! wake up you're gonna be late to school!!"

   i get up, and stare at myself in the mirror for a little bit.

   "wow, i look kinda good today."

my mom shouts at me again, telling me breakfast is ready. i quickly throw on light blue skinny jeans, a long sleeved american eagle turtleneck, and over it a black oversized t-shirt.
   i run downstairs to see toast, eggs, and fruit salad waiting for me on the table. i eat, and grab my phone and book bag as i walk out the door.
   i walk to the bus stop, and i see my best friend mya.

   "y/n!!" she runs and hugs me, and squeezes me to the point where i cannot breathe.

   "hey, you're kinda suffocating me" i say with the little breath i have.

   "OH SORRY" mya says.

   "it's alright"

   i see her wearing leggings, and a hoodie. classic style, but cute.

   "oh my gosh y/n, your fit is awesome"

  "thanks" i say, with a slight smile on my face.

   "oh here's the bus!" mya says.

   we hop on the bus, to see the same kids i've seen since kindergarten.

   "i hope there's some new cute kids" says mya.

    "me too" i say.

   we're all dropped off at school, and we make our way to the front door. as we walk in, we see kids at their lockers, getting their schedules, and kids roaming around the hallway trying to find their first class before the bell rings. i grab my schedule, and so does mya.

   "who'd you get for homeroom?"

   "mrs. adam" i say.

    "ugh i got mrs.callahan" mya says

   "we only have 2 classes together."

   "it'll be alright, we can hang out after school" i say.

   we go to our lockers, which are 3 lockers away from each other.

   "we were closer last year." mya says

   first bell just rung. i look at my schedule, i have theater first. i love theater, acting is one of my favorite things to go, along with drawing. i grab a pencil and a binder from my locker, just incase we need it. second bell has already rung, so i turn around quick, but i run into someone.