9) The Den Of The Beast

Jamie once again woke up to the smell of delicious food. How did Milly always manage to get up before him! But never mind that, he got up and looked in the mirror.

Come to think of it he'd always immediately leave the small apartment they had rented, and he never fully noticed everything; there was is bed, it had the most hideous green bed sheet with light green stripes on it, then there was a small dark wood nightstand next to it that had a lamp and then a few books on it, the walls where white then there was a wood trim that went up halfway, there was a wardrobe next to the door to leave, and last but not least there was a few little decorations like a painting of a flower on one of the walls and then a beige circle rug in the middle of the floor.

Jamie Walked out of the door after brushing his hair and changing into any random clothes he had left. He looked at the small kitchen they had in the apartment; Milly was standing at the sink washing her hands, she was also wearing a bright pink apron with flowers in her hair.

"Finally your awake! If you hadn't woken up yourself I would have had to come in there and wake you myself!" Said Milly in a playful tone

"Heh... I guess you just wake up a lot easier then me, and also you don't have always make breakfast, I can make it myself!"

"Oh really? What can you make then?"

"Uhhh.... fine... I can't make anything as good as you, hmph"

"Ha! And it's fine I don't mind back at my house I always made breakfast for my family"

"Well thanks"

"No problem, we'll hurry up and eat! Then yo I should probably stretch or something we have a beasty to defeat!"

"Ugh, your right... how do I keep forgetting?"

"Because your stupid?" Said Milky in a teasing tone

"Le gasp!" Said Jamie

"Haha gottem!"

Jamie loved the way the had become so close, Milly had slowly started to feel like family to him. Jamie smiled to himself.

"What are you smiling about?"

"Oh nothing.. but I bet I can eat my food faster then you!"

"Hey no fair! You started first!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time skip

"Well I'm done warming up"

"Same here, should we meet up with the towns people at the square?" Said Milly

"Yeah lets go"

After they had grabbed Armor and weapons Jamie and Milly walked to the towns square. Jamie could see the towns folk already there, but Jamie was guessing these people where probably the higher ranking towns folk because they had nicer clothing then some of the other towns folk, and they all had a more spoiled and regal feeling about them, yet they all still seemed kind. Maple Valley really was some place.

"Are you the little boy you volunteered to take down the beast?" Asked a person in a purple hat

"Yes, and I'm not a little boy!"

"Haha, he called you a little boy" whispered Milly

"Follow us we'll show you to wear the beasts den is" Said another villager

They all walked for some time until they reached the edge of town, then they walked past the road and off into some trees until they reached a giant cave. Wow... Jamie heard Milly say underneath her breath,

"In there is where the beast lives, we wish you the best of luck. And if you don't return to the village by 4:00 we are going to assume your dead and the deal we set is off" Said the villager in the purple hat.

"Ok" Said Jamie in a slightly nervous tone

"Good luck!" Yelled a younger sounding towns person as they walked away.

Jamie thought about how they could take down this beast. While there stay at Maple Valley Jamie had heard stories of the beast; some telling about it's huge teeth and sharp claws, some about how it can eat a person whole, and some that everyone that has attempted to take it down has perished.
Jamie was getting carried away in though when something one of the villagers had said.

"Milly, do you know what that Villager meant when he said 'if you don't return by 4 our deal is off' ?"

"Uhh...yes?"

"What do you mean yes? What did you do?"

"Nothing! I just said if we can defeat the beast by 4 and return to the village, they will supply us with money, food, and water"

"Oh, ok I guess. Well are you ready?"

"I was born ready"

Jamie and Milly walked into the den weapons held in front of their faces ready to attack. Jamie and Milly walked in further. And chills where sent down there backs.... staring back at him where piercing red eyes.

Hello again readers!
Sorry for not uploading in along time.. I've just not been inspired to write this book. Comment if you want me to continue! I might post sometimes if I get inspired but I'm not sure. Also if I ever continue this should I start putting music in each chapter?

Good bye my sirens~
And have a nice rest of your day/night

~TheDark_Mermaid2

Word count: 881