five

🎈👠 chapter five . . .

if rishabh mehta had to describe his lovely fiancé in one word, he'd choose 'bridezilla'.

because simone d'souza was a nightmare when she got to this. she wanted to control everything and everyone with her terrifying sense of direction and temper tantrums. and she got extra bossy with the seating arrangements and wedding planners.

if this was a horror movie, rishabh was sure he'd be dead by now. five nights at freddy's, but make it 'five minutes with by simone d'souza'.

"baby, that dress is just fine." rishabh sighed, repeating these words for the fifth time that day.

"no, rish! it isn't!" simone exclaimed, near tears as she contemplated her own reflection in the mirror.

again, rishabh thought that this dress was just fine. it was . . . sparkly. extremely sparkly or 'great sequin work' according to simone. now the thing is that simone had gotten this dress when she was in a good mood. now, simone wanted to cry at the amount of sequins in the design.

"baby, it's . . . it's blinding me! that's how sparkly it is!" simone voice was high-pitched, which told rishabh that things would be going south soon enough.

"no! no, baby! it's beautiful. you're beautiful." rishabh offered.

of course, simone was beautiful! more than just beautiful! breathtaking, if you may. it was just that the sequin work was hideous—but rishabh pretty much liked where his head was right now. he didn't want to want to beheaded just yet.

"of course, i'm beautiful, baby." simone sighed, "but this dress—"

talk about self-love, huh? rishabh aspired to love himself as much as his fiancé loved herself. she was the epitome of '#loveyourself'.

"—and this dress is the most gorgeous one i've ever seen!" rishabh cut in.

liar, liar. pants on fire. if rishabh had pinocchio's nose, it'd be racing towards saturn right now.

"you sure, baby?" simone sniffled, dabbing at her eyes gently with a tissue.

"positive, baby." rishabh nodded.

well, in his defense, the dress was a bit tacky—but simone had the ability to make even a potato sack look stunning on her. that's just how good her sense for styling was. he had a habit of going all 'heart-eyes' when he saw simone. 

simone set the crumpled up tissue on the coffee table, looking at her reflection one last time in the full-length mirror.

the jury is out on this dress. would it survive? or would it be put back to the garment cover?

after what felt like two hours instead of just two minutes, simone nodded.

"i'll wear this." she announced.

yes! three cheers to whichever fashion gods helped simone reach this decision!

"that's great, baby—"

"for dinner tomorrow." simone completed.

of course. what did he think? they had an official dinner tomorrow, hosted by simone's father to treat all of his  colleagues and co-workers.