four

🎈👠 chapter four . . . 

two weeks later . . . 

it'd be fair to say that ayan felt a bit light-headed. if the word 'worst case scenario' had a tangible form, it'd definitely be the situation that he was in right now.

and of course, it had to be a destination wedding. rich people loved flaunting their wealth.

ayan's bank balance was pathetic. but good thing simran was paying his ticket fare. chivalry must be truly dead because he was letting her pay, but he didn't give a fuck. she'd dragged her into this, after all. and ayan would do anything to save money. 

it had been over two weeks since he met up with simran at that godforsaken café. she hadn't really done shit to convince him. to be really fucking frank, he was just unable to say no to her. no, he wasn't really scared of her per se. it was just that the effect simran had on him during college still existed somewhere in the back of his mind. simran sangha was a big fucking deal during college.

simran made her plan sound like the easiest thing ever. she'd be his plus one. they'd go together. but she didn't want either simone or rishabh to know that she was there. and she'd make simone's life hell for the brief while that they are. 

ayan wasn't gonna argue with the logic in that. there were so many things wrong with that plan. firstly, it was fucking sadistic to ruin somebody's wedding day like that, but he understood where simran came from. it must have come as a shock to know that her best friend was getting married to her ex-boyfriend. ayan wondered if simran was still not over rishabh mehta, but he wasn't gonna say that out loud. he liked his head where it was, thank you very much. secondly, this thing was gonna flop. it was only a matter of time before any of their old classmates saw simran there and told simone. it'd definitely flop. it was bound to flop. simran hadn't elaborated how exactly she planned to make simone miserable, but he had a hunch.

long story short, ayan thought simran's plan was fucking stupid.

he hadn't convinced her at all.

but he'd agreed anyway. he had three reasons:

one, he wanted a break from his work. his boss was a fucker and he had no humanity whatsoever. the nine hour shift was ridiculous and his sleep schedule was fucking messed up. he needed a break. he needed a break desperately. two, his mother was nagging him too much. if he heard her say something sharma ji's beta-esque, he'd lose his shit. she had gotten a bit more irritable ever since their neighbor's son got married. que the never ending comparison. maybe a few days away would give him some breathing space. third and the least of them all, simran had really said please a whole lot of times. he didn't know how to say no to that. 

well, when he thought about it again, it was fucking stupid. no arguments.

he tossed some of his t-shirts into the bag, feeling more like an idiot with every passing minute.

his mother was leaning by the doorframe, watching him. she was technically burning holes onto his back. nevermind that.

"did you pack everything that you need?" she asked, craning her neck to see inside his suitcase.

"yup." ayan replied, keeping his cologne and toothbrush aside for last.

"i hope you see someone you like there, ayan." she said. she sounded so sure of it.