Stay by me(Peter Parker x reader)

"Peter, I'll be fine! Don't worry!" You called as you ran out of his aunt May's house, you two were planning a small get together of your friends on Graduation night. It was just going to be a small party as a sendoff seeing as Ned was heading off to college, along with MJ(which you didn't mind one bit, but you'd never tell Peter that.)

"Wait (n/n)! Why don't you stay until tomorrow? You have before, and there is no school tomorrow.." Peter called after you as he ran down the stairs and out the front door, His eyes widening in horror as you spun around stepping onto the street to answer him. The pure fear and horror in his chocolate brown eyes is the last thing you remember before waking up in this black void.

----------------------------------------------

Peter paced as his aunt May tried to comfort him but to no avail. He wasn't able to calm down, the accident still fresh in his mind. His webs didn't make it to you in time. Why didn't you listen?? It was 10pm in the middle of Manhattan how on earth did you think it was okay to leave.

"Excuse me, are you Mr.Parker?" A nurse asked and Peter finally stopped in his pacing as his head shot up to look at her.

"H-how is she?! Is she okay I-" As Peter started to bombard the poor nurse with questions, she held her hand up and with a small comforting smile she replied, "Ms.(last name)'s surgery was a success, she is currently in her room, and her parents requested for you to come in before they leave."

Peter let out a sigh he didn't realize he was holding and nodded. "Take me to her."

It had been a couple of hours since then, Peter somehow convinced your parents to head home for the night, with the promise that he would immediately call if you woke up, or anything else were to happen. He was currently holding your hand, for fear if he were to let go it would be as if you were to die the moment he would.

"(n/n)....I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. If I had just tried harder to get you to stay, or if I was a bit quicker- "

You didn't know how long you've been in the black void for,, It could have been days, or even months. But no matter how long you've been there for, you knew someone was there with you due to the soft pressure and heat on your hand. You couldn't figure out who it was though, until you heard the nickname that only one person calls you. It was clear as day.

"Pete? Peter where are yo-" You stopped mid-sentence when you heard his rambling something about you, and an accident, him also rambling on and on about how it was his fault.

The accident came flooding back to you in waves as the pain hit. After the initial shock you fought hard to leave the black void, he didn't need to be blaming himself when it was your own stupidity that got you here. And every time you went to move it was like your body hadn't moved in 150 years, and it felt like lead.

Pete's hand on yours felt really nice and using what little strength you had in you, you squeezed his hand making him pause in his rambling. You cracked your eyes open and your tired (e/c) eyes met his bloodshot and tear-filled chocolate ones and a small relived sob left his lips.

"(y-y/n) I-I'm so sorry. I should have-" You squeezed Peter's hand again effectively shushing him so you could talk.

"P-pete, it's not your fault. I was my own, I should have paid more attention. Stop blaming yourself for everything..... okay?" As you were saying this you brought a weak hand up to his face which he immediately leaned into and covered with his own.

After what seemed was him hesitating for a moment, he quickly leaned down and captured your lips with his. Shock and confusion immediately wracked your body as last time you knew he loved MJ. But before you could think on his too hard instincts took over and you closed your eyes and kissed him back, seeing fireworks behind your eyelids. After a few moments the two of you pulled away and a shy smile was on Peters face, but it quickly turned serious again as he gently grasped your hands.

"(y/n)...I was so so scared I lost you when that happened. I always told you that I loved MJ whenever you asked me about relationships due to the fact, I was just too scared to tell you, and when you agreed to go to the prom with me even if it was just as friends, I was so happy. And seeing you like that and the fact that I wasn't able to help you broke me. I can't bear the thought of losing you again, so please just....Stay by me.." by the end of his confession/rant he was red faced and looking anywhere but you.

You shakily brought your hands to both sides of his face and gave him a chaste kiss. After pulling away, you give him a small smile and murmur a "Always."