Ch. 16

When I'm about to have a rest after a long journey from school, suddenly Doctor Fate's note suddenly floating and shinning. I opened it and it says:

Dear apprentice, I have a new spell and some equipment that you can use. Come to my lair tomorrow afternoon.

   It's been a while since I last saw Doctor Fate, I miss Ms. Cramer tea that she always brew as well, since tomorrow I straight go home from school.

   The next day after school, I tell Alfred to go rest in my room and I immediately rushed towards my bedroom to start cast a magic portal. As soon as I arrived, Ms. Cramer is gardening and luckily he saw me and take me to Doctor Fate. "Apprentice, here is the equipment that I promised." Doctor Fate handed me the equipments—wand, crystal ball, spell book, and a beautiful necklace with a gemstone on it. One thing that intriguing is the wand, on top, there's also a gemstone attached to the wand, a small and blue gemstone. As for the necklace, I think it's an Amethyst.

   "Thank you so much Doctor Fate. I don't know how to repay you."
   "There is no need for that, I do this for my pupil. Come, let us begin your practice."

   Doctor Fate then brought me to the backyard, in there, There's a table filled with a dead plant and a nearly injured frog. "Doctor Fate, what's all this?" "These living creatures almost meet their end, I want you to heal them using the wand." "This may sudden but it probably take a long time to think the spell." "Do not worry, take your time." He said that, but I was worried Bruce might panic and start searching towards Gotham if I'm still missing, I have to make it quick. I thought about a few healing spells that might work for them, I just need to test them.

   "LAEH NOINAPMOC" It doesn't seem to be working, I try another one.

   "LAEH EHT DNUOW ENO" Not working either, this is my last spell, I hope this works.

   "LAEH ETAM" Suddenly, the injured frog turn into a healthy frog, as for the dead plant, it become lush. "Doctor Fate look, I did it!" "Let me see young one. Hmm... acceptable, you did well. It looks like the wand is working on you." "Thank you. I saw the stone glowing as I cast a spell, it's the same stone as well as the necklace, what kind of gemstone are you used?" "Lapis Lazuli." "I see. What's your thought choose this Lapis Lazuli?"

   "Lapis lazuli is a stone with royal energy, in that it helps you uncover and access your inner noble and Divine nature. It activates psychic abilities and intuition, connecting you to spiritual guidance and visionary awareness. It helps you discern and speak the truth, as well as discover your truest inner Self. I choose this kind of gemstone because it has resemblance as you, harmony, you can bring harmony for your friends and your family as well. Another similarities between you and the stone are you bring calm and loving communication for everyone."

   "But I'm not feel that way. That 'calm' part, I think that's not resemble anything about me." "You may not realize it yet, but I know, deep between your heart, I can already predicted that you have the resemblance as the gemstone." "I see. Then what about the necklace? I think it's Amethyst." "Indeed it is Amethyst." "Any reason why you choose this."

   "Yes. Amethyst have two meanings, emotional meaning and wellness meaning. The power from the emotional meaning, it can protect and get rid of negativity and anxiety. As for the wellness meaning, it helps promote strength for the weak one." "Amazing. I never knew gemstone could be useful. I always thought a gemstone is a gemstone only." "I entrust this to you, apprentice. Now, let us move on. I am going to teach you how to use the crystal ball."

   "Okay then, how should I start?" "Try touching them with both of your palms, and try to say something. For instance: what is your friend doing, or where is my brother right now." "Alright, here goes nothing. What is Lucas doing right now?" After I spoke, suddenly fron the crystal ball, I saw Lucas—looking at the photos of me.

   "Th- that boy! How did he have my picture? I don't reckon I take pictures with him."
   "It looks like that boy has taken interest in you."
   "Is he stalker?! OH MY GOD! How do I gonna face him when we're in school?"
   "Aside from that young one, let us try another person."

   "You're right. Show me Jason Todd." The crystal ball showed an image of the boy—a boy in the alley, looking for a food near the Cafe. Somehow, this boy looked familiar. I accidently look at the Cafe's name, it was the Cafe owned by Anna's Uncle. Don't tell me the boy I met twice at the back of the Cafe is Jason Todd?

   "Jason... I never knew it's you."
   "You seemed to know that boy very well."
   "Indeed. If I were you, I would stay away from him."
   "Then why you keep close to him?"

   "I don't know. I feel bad for him. Plus, we're going to be family soon." Jason wasn't the type of nice guy at all, he lived poorly, his dad killed by two face, her mother is rather between ill or drug addict. He maybe fight crime differently, but still, he has a soft spot for his new family. I don't know how to face him after he adopt by Bruce, neither he hates me for not telling the truth or rather shock.

   After many hours of training, I said goodbye to Doctor Fate and Ms. Cramer with my magic equipment. Luckily nobody's looking for me when I'm arrived, I hid the magic equipment carefully in my top drawer, I cast a invisibility spell so no one can find it. After that, I went outside my room to search everyone, I met Alfred and he said that everyone is waiting at the dining room. In there, Bruce and Dick are waiting for me in the dining table with a scrumptious dinner made by Alfred.

   "Alisa, is something wrong?" Ask Bruce.
   "Yes? Nothing's wrong uncle."
   "You seemed down, is the food not taking your liking?"
   "No, it's delicious. Of course it's delicious since Alfred made all of this food."
   "I'm flattered, miss Alisa." Alfred said.
   "It's just... I feel a little tired, that's all."

   "Then after dinner, you can finish your homework and straight go to bed." "Yes uncle." Is it my face really shown that I'm felt down? I just thinking about Jason just now because I'm still shock about what happen many hours ago, I can't believe I met Jason twice, I should've know that boy is a Jason Todd, but it seems not.