five

"i can't work that day! no one can take care of my daughter" yoongi said to his boss, a bit frustrated that his boss was trying to make him work on a day he couldn't "when you signed up, you said you were flexible. we can't have anyone restricting when they can work or not, if you can't work that day, you're getting fired. there's people who could do this job better than you and are flexible" his boss said, yoongi was taken back a bit. he needed this job, he couldn't lose his job.

"i didn't have a daughter at the time, i really can't work that shift. please don't fire me, i need this job" yoongi said, picking at his hands "no, you're fired. get your last paycheck and leave"

-

yoongi got in his car and began crying and shaking. how was he going to afford minji's and his necessities? how was he going to pay his upcoming tuition payment?

he began driving to seokjin's house, not realizing he was driving above the speed limit until he saw a cop car behind him "fuck"

"sir, you were going 50 miles per hour in 40 miles per hour zone. may i have a form of identification?" the police officer asked, yoongi grabbed his id and handed it to the cop "i will be right back"

what a horrible day.

-

"how was minji today?" yoongi asked, staring at the girl in front of him "she was good, she learned the s word because jimin accidentally said it in front of her" seokjin said, glaring at the pink haired boy "it was an ACCIDENT" jimin playfully rolled his eyes "s-shit!" minji giggled, yoongi glared at both boys "no minji, that's bad"

"so how's your day?" jimin asked, yoongi frowned upon hearing the question "well, i got fired because i couldn't work a day because i had no one to take care of minji, i got a 82 dollar speeding ticket and i have to pay rent tomorrow and my tuition next week so tell me how it went" yoongi said, both boys were silent for a bit "what the hell? they fired you for that? but you're such a good worker, i know there's a few places hiring around here, i'll help you find a job as soon as possible" jimin reassured, yoongi felt tears brim in his eyes as he nodded.

"appa sad!" minji shouted when she saw yoongi cry, seokjin looked at yoongi who was indeed crying "what's wrong?" seokjin said, yoongi cried more as he hugged seokjin, "i-i am just very sad, i don't have a job and everything is wrong" yoongi said, as soon as he felt like things were getting better, they crumpled back down and made yoongi's mental health worse.

"that's understandable, but things will get better, alright? jimin and i will always help you when you need it, i think you need some sleep. how about you take a nap?" seokjin asked, yoongi shook his head "i promised minji i would take her to the park because she was crying about it yesterday" the boy explained, seokjin hummed a bit "okay but make sure to get some rest after wards"

-

when yoongi and minji got to the park, there was another father and daughter. none of them really cared and continued to play.

"minji, no. we can't eat woodchips or leaves" yoongi scolded, the father from afar chuckled a bit "is she usually like that?" the man asked, yoongi chuckled a bit "yeah, she's a bit clueless" yoongi smiled, pushing minji on the swing a bit.

the two fathers talked, getting to know each other a bit "you know cigarettes are a great stress reliever, they help me with my child. i have a pack with me right now, do you want one?" the man asked, yoongi stared at the man and shook his head. he started to feel a lot of things "sorry, we have to leave. say goodbye minji"

-

yoongi was tempted to buy a pack of cigarettes. he really needed a stress reliever but he knew it was dangerous, he would have a higher risk of lung cancer but it was a stress reliever.

buying a pack wouldn't hurt anyone, he just wanted to try it out. he swore to himself he wouldn't become addicted.

he went into a gas station and quickly bought a pack. minji was in the car so he needed to be quick.

outside the gas station, he put the cigarette in his mouth and use the lighter to light it up. he started coughing afterwards and felt nauseous but he wanted to again

-

he made sure to hide the pack of cigarettes where nobody could find it, seokjin would kill him if he found out.

"minji, i bought you a candy bar" yoongi said, minji gasped and clapped her small hands. yoongi opened the candy and handed it to minji who happily ate the candy.

yoongi listened to the girl who tried to make sentences about what she did at seokjin's house.

"wow, where's the drawing? i could hang it on the fridge" yoongi said with a smile, minji pointed to her backpack that she always brought to seokjin's house. yoongi searched through the bag and found the drawing minji described, she had drawn herself with yoongi in a park with flowers "let's go hang it up" yoongi said, minji stumbled her way to the kitchen with yoongi.

yoongi grabbed some magnets and put them on the fridge with minji's drawing "t-tank you! l-love you!" minji giggled, yoongi felt his heart ache when minji said she loves him, she loved the girl back so much.

"it's time to sleep minji" yoongi said as he looked at the time, it was 10:30, usually he would put minji to sleep at 10 but he lost track of time.

-

once the girl fell asleep, yoongi grabbed his lighter and a cigarette and headed outside. he didn't know why but he craved the feeling. it felt a bit addictive.

but he wouldn't get addicted.

-

i don't smoke so sorry if its not right qotd: something that makes you feel bad?