November 2020: Weird World

It's SciFriday, it's challenge time!

This month, we have the beginning of a story for you. Your job is to go from there and write the story out:

"Everything alright, Cari? You look shocked."

"It's this small blue planet Captain, the one we're appoching. The readings I get are weird. And..."

🌀🌀🌀

Please integrate the above text into your story. 

Your story must be written in English, be a maximum of 1500 words long, and qualify as science fiction.

Please, publish the story on your profile, either as a stand-alone story or a chapter in an existing anthology. Only one chapter!

To submit your entry, post the direct link to your story in the comments below this chapter and fill this submission form.

Time limit for submissions: Sunday, November 29th 2020, midnight UTC.

🌀🌀🌀

Looking forward to your entries!

Take a moment to read your fellow participants entries. You're bound to discover an amazing collection of new science fiction stories!

Your SciFi team

🌀🌀🌀

Please note, this contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff. We reserve the right to refuse entries to this contest that we feel do not meet the required criteria, that are unsuitable, or potentially triggering.