Challenge 19 - It All Started With A...

A good opening line - whether it's a movie, song, story, poem, or speech - will hook an audience right from the get-go. The idea of this challenge is to provide just enough information to make the reader want to find out one (or more) of the five W's - who? why?what? where? when? 

The challenge is to use one opening line from the selection below (please feel free to chose first or third person) to write an 800 word story (one wattpad page).

1. His/My only chance of escape involved a small, dark tunnel guarded by...

2. She/I clung to the ledge and prayed for daylight.

3. The dead keep no secrets from me.

4. Under normal circumstances he/I had no problem speaking his/my mind, however, with a gun pointed at his/my temple...

5. The human visitors edged closer to the inhabited, rocky new world...

The story you put together has to be SciFi of course, but aside from that, it can be any subgenre you like, and should be rated PG13 (NOT mature).

The challenge starts now (Friday 24th July), and you have until the end of Friday 31st July 2015 to complete your entry. Tag your story #SciFriday and post the link to your completed entry in the comments at the bottom of this page so we know you've entered. If you don't post your link, or the story is late, you won't be considered entered. One entry only per person please, and it has to be a new story, not one that you've previously posted on Wattpad.