October 2019: Virtual Reality

Please note, the following contest and its rules are the creation of a team of Ambassadors and is in no way affiliated with Wattpad or its staff. Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff.

 Judging of said contest is entirely run by its creators and is not the responsibility of Wattpad or its staff

Welcome to the virtual world!

This month we invite you to discover the virtual reality of the youngest offspring of the science fiction profile family. And what better way to celebrate the birth and baptism of a new baby than with a writing contest? 

So, what do you have to do?

Pay our new baby a visit at VR and get inspired for your next piece of flash fiction. And then, write away!

🎈 🎈 🎈

Here is your single word prompt: 

Baptism

🎈 🎈 🎈

A few rules:

Your story must be a virtual reality story (which will make it science fiction by default).

It can be a maximum of 1500 words long and must be written in English.

The time limit for this challenge is Sunday, 27 of October  2019, midnight UTC.

Publish the story on your profile, either as a stand-alone story or a chapter in an existing anthology. Only one chapter, please!

To submit your entry, please post the link to your story in the comments below this chapter and fill this submission form.

The winners of this challenge might be added into the upcoming anthology on the VR profile.

🎈 🎈 🎈

Enjoy the ride!