We need to fight this

Start from the beginning

The once busy streets were now quiet, almost abandoned but with a few cars on the road and a few pedestrians either jogging or walking. The criminals that lurked in the darkening alleyways were no longer there. The air that once held sickening clouds had now opened to a crystal clear diamond sky that only held dusts of clouds. People honestly felt safe during this scary times.

The billionaire pulled up into a parking spot before he got out, masked up, in hand with the family's reusable shopping bags. He got into the queue, making sure to follow the signs of floors. However, what surprised him was that just in front of him was Joker. He knew that there was still the sane man behind all the chemicals and insanity.

He watched as the queue slowly moved along and eventually, after 15 minutes he was allowed into the store to do the family shopping. As he followed the signage that was displayed on the floor - he heard a commotion from the next isle. He pushed the shopping cart around to that isle to see a woman, around the age of 50, without a mask yelling at store employees as well as a younger woman with ginger hair. He didn't need to think twice about who the ginger haired women was...that was Tyler.

"It's not hard to put a mask on and keep it on! Seriously! I understand if you have a reasonable medical condition that exempts you from wearing it but, if you had a single brain cell and some common sense, you wouldn't be outside - you would be shielding!" Tyler yelled at the woman, who in response was about to yell but the younger beat her to it, "And belittling store employees, who are enforcing policies that have been brought in by their employers, isn't going to change anything so. Back. Off."

"A mask takes away my freedom and breaches my constitutional rights!" The elder argued, walking towards the girl, who stepped back, "Oh give over, you snowflake!"

"I don't know where you've been! For all I know, you could be dumpster diving! I, like most people, don't want Covid and I certainly don't want any germs from you." Tyler retaliated. At this point, Bruce decided to step in. It was his daughter figure after all.

"Excuse me ma'am, but if you really can't wear a mask then I recommend leaving. I'm sure that the police would really like to know that one of their citizens are breaching the policies and laws put in place to keep everyone safe." Bruce spoke up in a calm voice. The employees seemed to let out a silent sigh of relief - they weren't paid to deal with ungrateful ignorant people like this. Bruce sent a silent command to Tyler, who was ready to throw fists with this woman.

The elderly woman stuttered, speechless for words. I mean, no one really couldn't argue with the billionaire Bruce Wayne on a matter such as this. If the billionaire was capable of wearing a mask without any complaints, then so can an elderly woman. With a huff, she stormed off out the store before everyone went back to their own business in getting groceries.

---Time skip---

It was around midnight and Gotham was quiet. Crime had reduced in recent months due to the pandemic and about a fifth of the crime was the working class getting essential items from stores after hours. All the heroes and vigilantes were taking a more lenient approach when it came the criminals.

However, the other four-fifths of crime was due to the super-villains of Gotham. For example, like now. They teamed up to breakout of Arkham once again...for the sixth time this month.

The heroes, who were masked up (Red Hood as a message and a joke wears his eye mask, general face mask, his helmet and another mask), had split up during to prevent everyone from escape. What they noticed over the pandemic was that the villains were following the laws and policies for Covid, which surprised them.

Spoiler and Batgirl (Cass) were fighting Harley and Poison Ivy, who both were wearing masks. They knew that they had to break the social distancing to actually fight them so they tried a different approach, talking. The female's went on for about 10 minutes, where it became intense whilst there was some banter between them. Eventually, they agreed to return to their cells, on the idea that they were less likely to contract the virus from in their isolated cells.

Batman and Signal were fighting Joker and Punchline, there was no negotiation with these two so it was pointless trying to talk. However, the two heroes came up with the idea of remaining at 6ft apart from the two villains. They used their grappling hooks, grappling the hook around their legs and pulling them to the ground so hard that it knocked the two out.

Nightwing and Robin were fighting Killer Croc, Ra's Al Ghul and Black Mask. Now, it may seem like they were outnumbered physically but they had a plan. It was similar to their mentor's plan but instead they grappled solely around Killer Croc and slammed him into the other two, who all three were knocked unconscious.

Red Hood and Red Robin were fighting Professor Pyg, Two-Face and Penguin. Now, these two's dynamics was like rocks and water - they just sink. They couldn't really come up with a decent and safe plan. Both ended up with cuts to their bodies and overall, it was just a messy situation but they did knock the three villains out.

Weapon was left alone with Scarecrow, Riddler and Bane. Three against One is never a fair fight but if someone was to use the fear toxin against one of their own, maybe it was a possibility of winning. Which is what happened. Crane sprayed Nygma on accident and Nygma lashed out at Crane, thinking it was someone else. Weapon swiftly disabled Bane and knocked out, before she slammed the other two's head together - knocking them out.

I'll leave this here. But do take the message before you read something else. We are still in the middle of a pandemic - help everyone by wearing a mask, if you can (i.e. medical exemptions) and help the community if you see someone struggling.

Thank you for reading!