Chapter Twenty-Two

I gripped the necklace Barry had given me a year ago in my hand, the cold metal warming up as I did so.

"It's crazy isn't it, Bar? How a year has come and gone by so fast." I said as Barry chuckled, wrapping his arm around me as we walked up and down Central City, which was now covered in christmas decorations.

"I've been the Flash for a year..." Barry said with a smile as I hummed one of the Christmas songs that was playing in the distance.

"It's insane. And hey." I said, nudging his shoulder. "Soon, once we defeat Zoom, I can go out there and save people with you."

"You want to do that now?" He asked, skeptical.

"Of course! My previous powers only brought destruction. I'm a speedster now, Barry. I can use my powers for good, just like you." I said with a grin as Barry hummed a smile.

"You're right. Yeah definitely. I'd love to be out there with you." Barry said as we stopped, turning to one another as we smiled like idiots. Slowly, Barry pulled me into a short kiss before it was cut off by my phone buzzing.

"Ah. It's Iris. She needs help with gifts." I looked up to see Barry frowning, no doubt wanting the moment to last longer. "I'll be back soon."

"Wait Cora don't-" I started to speed off before slipping on the snow and landing on my back, gasping. "Run in the snow..." Barry finished as I slowly sat up, Barry brushing off the snow on my back.

"Thanks for the warning." I said sarcastically as Barry chuckled.

"I tried to but you ran off before I could." I ended up laughing as Barry and I just walked to Jitters before he left to go to CCPD.

"Cora! Great you're here!" Iris said as she set our hot chocolate on the table. "Extra extra whipped cream, your favorite." Iris said with a smile as I did.

Every since she had bought that dinner for me and Barry as a way to apologize, we had finally gotten over the things we've done/said to one another, and we're finally on good terms.

"I can't figure out what to get Barry." Iris said as I frowned. "Last year absolutely sucked. With you getting him things from his past and me a damn microscope." Both of us burst into laughter.

"Actually, I was going to do that again, but I was thinking it can be from both of us." I said as Iris tilted her head and frowned, curious as to what I was thinking.

"I was searching through Barry's old belongings in the storage unit Joe got for when Barry was old enough but forgot, and I found this." I pulled out an old camera, Iris' eyes widening as she became more interested.

I opened the camera, searching through the photos and videos until I got to the one I found. "It's a Christmas video for Barry, by his mom." I said as Iris burst into a smile.

"Cora, where did you come from?! You're literally the perfect Christmas... gift.. person ever." Iris said as we both got up, Iris giving me a giant hug. "Barry will love it."

"I hope he does. I spent two hours searching through dust and spiderwebs to find this because Henry told me to use it."

"You visited Henry?" Iris asked as I nodded.

"Mhm. Invited him to the West Christmas gathering thing, if that's what you guys call it." I said with a laugh.

"Barry will probably love you for that."

"He already does." I joked as we grabbed our hot cocoa and walked out of Jitters. "Listen, Iris. I want to give you an early Christmas Gift." I said as I prepared myself to tel Iris the truth.