Chapter 47

I stared at Barry in disbelief, a growing fear settling into my stomach as I slowly blinked at him. If she had been Harrison Well's daughter, then why was I not Earth-1 Harrison's?

I turned away from Barry, leaning forward and rubbing a hand over my lips. "It doesn't make sense..." I mumbled as Barry just watched me. "My parents they... They weren't Harrison Wells or Tess—" I paused for a moment, attempting to gather what little I remembered of my mother or father.

"Daisy?" Barry stood up slowly as my eyes flickered back and forth.

"My mom... She wasn't Tess Morgan but.. I knew my dad wasn't my actual dad. I didn't look like him, not remotely close and— Holy shit— Did we ever actually look into my background? Like.. family wise?"

"No... why do you ask?" He asked as I stood up quickly, yelping and nearly falling down. Barry grabbed me quickly, helping me stand up.

"Tess and Harrison met in 1996. What if.. like a major what if—"

"Daisy." Barry cut me off as I looked at him, watching him frown. "Are you really questioning if Harrison Wells is your father?"

"It would honestly explain a lot... Especially with how Thawne had acted when we met." I shivered slightly at the odd encounters I had with Thawne.
"I need Caitlin to use some of my blood samples to look back into my family. Considering that none of my family has attempted to contact me in a year or two.." Barry nodded in understanding as he helped me walk out of the medical room, Harry walking into the Cortex with Cisco.

"I'm not having this repulsively childish conver- Why are you up? Shouldn't you be healing?" Harry paused his conversation with Cisco as he spoke to me, and I laughed awkwardly.

"Oh you know, I'll be fine soon. I'm doing dandy." I ushered Barry to walk across the Cortex to where Caitlin was, messing with chemicals of sorts.

"Hey, Cait." She spun around, giving the two of us a gentle smile. "Odd question but uh.. could you possibly... Use one of my blood samples to look into my family background?"

"Why?" She asked, tilting her head in confusion. Barry and I looked at each other and then turned to Harry and Cisco arguing incoherently before turning back to Caitlin.

"Family stuff." We said in unison, and Caitlin shrugged.

☀︎︎

My foot had healed by now, and I stared at Caitlin with anticipation, biting my nail nervously as she typed away at the computer.

"Okay. How far are we looking to go back in time? Because we could probably go back to your first existing ancestors and—"

"Just to my parents, please." I interrupted her, Barry and I now anxiously watching Caitlin click on the folder.

It took too long to load up, my heart racing faster than it ever has before as my mothers photo popped up.

"Why are you asking me to do this, again?" Caitlin asked as she slowly started scrolling down.

"I need to see who my real dad i— Oh."

"My. God." Caitlin finished with horrendously wide eyes, staring at the picture of Harrison Wells.

"Daisy—"

"Now it does make sense. Harrison Wells didn't want to raise a child in college. That would ruin his career! God, even in death he's egotistical."

"But that wasn't Thawne." Caitlin frowned as I scoffed, shaking my head.

"No, but even before then, I'm sure Harrison would have given up a child to be rich and famous." I continued to stare at the picture of Wells, wiping a hand over my lips again. "Shit. That really threw me in the gutter."

Neither of the two knew what to say. I didn't blame them. I'm sure if Barry had found out he was the son of the original Harrison Wells, I wouldn't know what to say either.

But knowing that my dad's doppelgänger was technically standing in the other room, arguing about go knows what...

Was I supposed to just keep it a secret?

another short chapter because this book is low key falling to shit lmao

was debating killing Daisy off when i first lost motivation just so i wouldn't have to write it, but I know that Barry would go back in time, save nora, just to be with his parents and Daisy so this book is gonna be here a while.

I'm probably going to rewatch the flash again (because i haven't watched it since s6) just to pick up motivation but we'll shall see!

comment and vote :>

🎉 You've finished reading 𝗗𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗹𝗱 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗙𝗹𝗮𝘀𝗵 (𝟮) 🎉