Prologue

(Third person POV)

"Mom? Where are we going again?" The young girl asked from the back seat of the car. "We're going to your dads lab, he wanted us to see his his break through in his work." The mother said. "Oh right!!! Dads been working on making things transparent and invisible. I hope it works!" The young girl said happily. The mother laughed, "Me too L, me to." The little girl smirked and said, "I've been looking at some colleges that I want to talk to you and dad about tonight." Her mother gave a small smile and nodded because even though he daughter was only 9 she excelled in school and was already almost done with high school level classes.

"Let's go to your father, he's probably anxiously waiting so he can start." The mother said. "Okay mom." The young girl replied. As they walked into the building. They walked though long hallways to get to where the lab was.As they walked into the lab,scientists were preparing for the experiment. "Hi daddy!" The young girl called as she ran up to a man. "We'll hello there my little genius master mind!" The Man said with a chuckle and the young girl jumped into him arms. "She is too smart to be a 9 year old. I wish I could shrink her." The mother said smiling. "Did you run the tests to make sure the experiment doesn't go wrong George?" The mother asked. "Yes I did Martha, the worst that could happen is a power surge. There is nothing to worry about." George reassured to his wife. Martha took the young girl out of his arms put her on the ground and said, "Well we better get in out seat the experiment is about to start! Let go sweetie. Good luck honey!" Martha said and gave him a peck on the lips. "Bye daddy!" The young girl said. Martha and her daughter walked out of the lab and into the showing room. "Do you think dad's hypothesis will work mommy?" The young girl asked. "I'm not sure honey, but I hope it does because it'll fund your daddy's new line of work." Martha replied. Just as the young girl was about to reply the microphone turned on and a voice began to speak. "Hello everyone my name is Dr. George Beckett. Welcome to my hypothesis experiment. Today will be the day where we will be able to turn things invisible and even transparent if my calculations are correct." Dr. Beckett said with a smile. "I assure you that this is a safe test and that no one will be injured during the test." Then Dr. Beckett and his assistants started the experiment. The young girl watched in awe as the experiment took place. "And for the final part of this experiment I will inject this rat with the invisibility serum and my assistant will infect the other rat with the transparent serum." They both stuck the needle into the cage and into the rat. You could hear the rats scream in pain as the serums speed thought their bodies. And then the one disappeared and the other escaped its cage. Thunderous applause was given the Dr. Beckett. One of the scientist picked something up but then dropped it and screamed. "Everyone get out! There's a Bom-" but Dr Beckett never did I finished that sentence. Then whole building exploded.

Everything was ruins, sirens were going off in the distance the young girl crawled to her mother in tears. "Mommy, mommy what happened and, and why are you all bloody? Mommy?!" As the young girl tried to touch her mother she couldn't. Her hand right through her mother. The young girl screamed and started to cry ever harder. "Sweetheart is that you?" The mother choked out. "Y-y-yes mommy is me I'm right here." The young girl cried. "I I I can't see you." She said lightly. "I'm right next to you mommy see? I'll I'll, your gonna be okay mommy, you,ll be okay." The young girl said I between sobs. "Sweetie I'm not gonna make it. Little princess mommy loves you so much." Her mother choked. "But I'm going to a better place and so is daddy, be strong my little genius I love you with all my h-" her mother let go of her last breath. "Mommy? Mommy?! Wake up! Please wake up mommy! I I I need you! I need you and daddy to-o." The young girl couldn't continue she was sobbing too hard. She tried to touch her mother again and this time she could. She hugged her mother one more time before running away for the first time out of many.