Chapter 22

THALIA'S POV

Stark situated us in all of our own personal floors. Seriously, this guys is rich.

My floor, of course, was all black. Everything. From the sofas, to the kitchen to my bedroom, to even my bathroom. But the color was comforting. Well, to me at least.

Apparently, we were never supposed to leave the tower, at least until the threat was cleared. But it's not like I'll listen to that. I'm gonna need some time to get my head cleared.

With the snap of my fingers my outfit was on and my hair a different style. Still black but red at the bottom.

" where are you off to?" A familiar voice rang out. I huffed and turned to meet Clint's eyes." Stay away from me Barton." He grabbed my arm." Let me explain-"

" never." I glared daggers at him before I looked down." But seriously where are you going? We're supposed to be staying here, Fury's orders."

I smirked." I thought you should know by now that I don't take orders from a guy in an eyepatch, if.....you knew me at all."

I turned to leave but got stopped by his voice." Thalia. Fury lied. Yes I pretended to be your friend at first, but then I learned to realize that I have feelings for you."

I flames licked my hands." No Clint. You don't. I can read your mind and I know that all you care about is your mission."

His gaze softened." Then you must've not looked deep enough."

I stumbled suddenly, but not by what he said." You ok?" He asked, rushing over to me. I pushed him away.

" one of the perks of dying." I answered dryly. He sighed heavily." Why don't you tell the others?"

" why don't you?" I snapped." If I tell them the pity will just come on me and you would know that that is something I do NOT need in my life. I've had enough of it when my parents died."

I shouldn't feel bad for lashing out at him but yet I strangely did. It's something I haven't felt for a while and I have to be careful. No more feelings.

Especially for someone who lied to you about your entire friendship.

I ran my fingers trough my hair, the music blasting in my ears drowning out the sounds of city life. He'll be coming for me. At least, once he finds out I'm not hiding. I know he wants me. I know that I am the key to... All of this....

I just don't know how.

Centuries- by Fallout Boy blasted in my ears and I readjusted the beanie atop my head. Why couldn't I just forgive Clint?

But why would I do that? He lied to me.

But maybe, just maybe he was telling the truth about me not looking deep enough.....

This wasn't something I needed to worry about now tho. I was dying.

Five days.

In those days I needed to destroy him. But in my mind I longed for something. For feelings. For someone. It was one thing on my bucket list, before I died I wanted to get close to someone.

But, knowing me, it wouldn't happen any time soon.

It was worth a shot tho.

Rogers? Naw. He's not my type. I mean he's amazing and he sweet and has the most generosity that I've ever seen but, poor guy is still getting over his last lover.

Banner. Well, he would be the boyfriend to stay in the lab all night. Even tho, he is the kindest man I've ever met. But, he also turns into you-know-who when he gets excited.

Thor? Nope. He's got Jane Foster.

Stark? Umm haha no. Funny, but no. He wouldn't like me like that even tho he's a flirt. He has pepper anyway.

Which sadly leaves Clint. But I can't. I just can't. If I like him again I'm betraying myself.

I sat down on a park bench and brought my knees up to my chest.

Then the worst song possible at this moment came on.

Ed Sheeran- Thinking out loud.

Great.

I quickly skipped a couple songs to wonderman, by tini tempah, featuring Ellie goulding.

I stood and stepped one step in front of another, my head down, as I walked towards the building.

I fell back suddenly and dropped to the floor. I knocked into someone. My head tilted up to see a man at least my age with short spikey blonde hair and green eyes staring at me with concern. I pulled out my headphones.

" Oh my gosh, are you ok?" He asked, his British accent showing clearly. I nodded." Yeah. I must've not seen you. My apologies. "

He took my hand and pulled me up." It's no trouble at all miss. But I'm pretty sure that was my fault."

I smirked." Oh stop. It was clearly me."

He laughed." Oh please. Just let me take you out for a coffee to make up for it."

I thought for a moment with a light smile on my lips." Alright." I finally said. He grinned and started to walk down the street.

" I'm Ian by the way." He said, holding out his hand." Thalia." I smiled, shaking his hand.

Suddenly I was wrenched from the streets and into an ally.

" what the hell!" I yelled, seeing my attacker. " Clint! You ass!" I screamed.

He covered my mouth with his hand.
" Thalia. Stop. Your not supposed to be out here. He has eyes everywhere."

I rolled my eyes." Chill out will you!" My muffled call sounded. I pulled his hand from my mouth and growled.
" he's not going to get me!" I hissed in a hushed whisper.

He gripped my shoulders tightly and shook me." Get ahold of yourself! His spies are everywhere."

I narrowed my eyes at him." Well, so am I." I rose into the air, the black mist surrounding me and sending me off into the air, towards the tower.

Why? Why was he such a fun killer?

I mean it wasn't necessarily true, he's more fun than a lot of them, except for tony. He was fun. A little too fun.....

But what did fun matter anymore in my life?

I'm freaking dying!

What does that matter?

Live your life. To the fullest