Chapter 10

CLINT'S POV

My hand grabbed the pole that connected to the side , and I pulled myself up so that my hands were resting on the edges of the building.

I hoisted myself up onto the top and brushed myself off.

I stepped forward, accidentally hitting a rock.

Thali froze, her thick rimmed glasses that rested on her nose fell down slightly.

" hey Clint." She said with a smirk.

I smiled softly and walked briskly over to where she sat.

As soon as I came closer she pulled the sleeves of her hoodie up over her wrists.

I ignored it at the moment an sat next to her, throwing my arm around her side and pulling her closer.

" I wanted to give you something." I say suddenly.

She looked up to me with those emerald eyes and smirked.

" what is it?" She asked quietly, her voice cracking the slightest bit.

I stuffed my free hand into my pocket and fished out what I was looking for.

" this." I said softly, handing her the chain necklace with the black arrow.

Her cheeks flushed in the dark and she gasped slightly.

" Clint." She whispered, wrapping her arms around me.

I hugged her back and took in everything about her.

Her smell, looks, beauty.

Wait. Did I really just say that?

She pulled back with a smile, the necklace magically appearing on her neck.

Suddenly she looked down to see her wrists uncovered.

THALIA'S POV

I quickly pulled the sleeves over my wrists hoping Clint never saw.

But it was too late. He noticed.

" Thalia." The edge in his voice told me he knew.

He lashed out and grabbed my wrists, pulling them towards himself.

Pulling the sleeves down I cringed as I heard a chocking sound come from his throat.

The scars were revealed on my wrists, the slashed cuts, crisscrossing along my arms.

"B-but...but you said you would stop." He stuttered, tears pooling in his eyes.

I looked down." That was nine years ago. After you left I started again." I whispered.

He did one thing that shocked me the most.

He took my wrists and kissed them, one by one as softly as he could.

" your too beautiful. Don't mess up your body." He said, his voice barely audible.

I shook my head frantically and silently begged him to stop.

" I can't stop Clint." I stood, walking towards the edge of the building.

" it's like I'm on drugs. Once you start, it's impossible to stop. One cut at a time it feels so harmless, to me at least. And besides no one would care if I died."

I trailed off sadly as I thought of how mistaken God was to put me on this earth.

Clint grabbed my shoulders, spinning me around roughly.

His eyes met mine, his eyes lit on fire with rage and sadness.

" please. Do not say that Thalia. It is not true. If you die. I die. I can't live without you. " he whispered uneasily.

I pulled away from his grip and covered my face with my hands.

" no Clint. your wrong. You could live without me."

" so you don't believe me?"

" how could i? I've been lied to my entire life. How could this be any different?"

" your really questioning our friendship?"

Ouch. Friend zoned.

" it's not that Clint. I'm sorry."

And with that final glance I was gone in the blink of an eye, towards my home.