Chapter 3

" your late." My boss spoke angrily.

I rolled my eyes and threw my bag to the side and tied the apron around my waste.

" I'm not late. Every one here is just early." I muttered.

He glared at me and started to speak but a voice called from the other room.

" this is the last time you'll talk back to me." He warned.

I shrugged and walked out to the counter.

" see if I care."

He stomped away muttering incoherent words to himself.

The cafe was already in full swing, most of the tables were occupied and I secretly gazed around the room at the customers.

No one suspicious yet.

I turned my back to the door and started to heat up the kettles.

" excuse me." A kind voice asked behind me.

I turned around to be face to face with a man my height with brown curly hair.

I hummed in reply.

" can I have the latte please."

He was American.

Strange. We don't usually get tourists this time of year.

I nodded and went to work.

He seemed to be nervous. His kept fumbling with something in his pocket and his eyes darted everywhere in the room.

Then it hit me.

He's one of them.

I watched him carefully as I handed him the latte.

He gave me a nervous smile and took the money out of his pocket.

One of his hands went up to his left ear and pushed the hair away.

I kept in a growl.

There was a com clearly placed on his ear.

But I kept a straight face and took his money.

" have a good day." He called nervously, as he walked out the door.

I stared after him and watched as he walked down the street.

I scanned the streets and saw a black SUV on the other side.

The windows were tinted so I couldn't see the driver.

But as I watched more the man that I served walked straight to the SUV and got in.

Yep. He's one of them.

Ill search him on the files once my shifts over.

________________________________________

Three hours later I hung up my apron for the day and grabbed my coat, making for the door.

There were only a couple people in the cafe now, finishing off for the day.

I reached for the door but a hand stopped me.

I turned around to face John. The only person I could even think of as a.....friend..

" listen Thalia. I'm sorry for your loss." He said quietly, running his fingers through his short brown hair.

I nodded an turned towards the door.

" it's fine." I muttered.

Trying to push open the door again he stopped me.

" what?" I asked , my voice turning annoyed.

" if you ever need anything. Just remember I'm here right." He said quietly.

I nodded and pushed past him out into the freezing winter air.

Wrapping my jacket around me closer, I stepped quietly through the empty streets.

This wasn't normal. It's not supposed to be empty. I know their looking for me, but they won't get me tonight. Actually not ever.

With the flick of my wrist I could see my body slowly turning to black mist.

In the matter of seconds my body was darkness and I shot through the streets as a cloud, appearing again in my full form on my doorstep.

I brushed myself off and looked around on my empty street.

I felt eyes on me but I shook it off, taking my key from my pocket and unlocking my door.

Stepping inside the darkness I turned on the light and threw my coat to the side.

The apartment was small but big enough for me to put my large office downstairs.

I locked the door and barred it with my magic and walked to the stairs.

The downstairs was huge, there were three desks and laptops and computer screens covering the walls.

I threw myself into the first chair and pulled open my laptop, typing into the files again.

I searched curiously through the names and pictures and came to it.

The man who I saw today.

Bruce banner. The hulk.

Great. I was dealing with the hulk.

The big green rage monster that could kill me at any moment.

Tomorrow I had a day off so it was a perfect day to kill some more of my suspects.

I went into my own file and looked at the list, smirking at the name that appeared.

Henry smith. Works at the diner downtown and has a wife and three kids.

I smirked and thought.'they wouldn't mind if I killed him, would they?'

Why? Do you ask, am I killing innocent people?

Well what do you expect?

For fun!

I shut my computer and slid to the door, walking up the stairs and towards my room.

Once I was in, I changed and slid into bed, my dreams consisting of nothing but nightmares.