Chapter 5: 'Fragile'

Mulai dari awal

The warning bell had rung, making both of them jump. Amity put the laminated paper neatly in her backpack, not wanting to ruin it. When Luz started walking away, Amity stopped her for a second. She embraced her in a hug and held her tightly. Luz tensed up at the gestures, not expecting it, Luz felt like she had butterflies in her stomach. She ignored it though and eventually hugged the Blight back. They stayed in the embrace for a couple of seconds before Amity pulled away harshly, a bright red blush on her cheeks. "Oh...I-I'm sorry, I don't know why I did that," She said, awkwardly chuckling. "It's fine, you don't need to apologize," Luz reassured her. "What I meant to say was, Thank you, Luz" Amity said. "Well, you're welcome," she responded. With that, they both walked out together.

When Luz walked into the first period, she was met by the sight of Mrs. Dean with a bright smile. She was always so energetic in the morning, and Luz wondered how someone could do that every day. She walked back to her normal seat, setting up for the class. Something unexpected happened today though. When Luz finished picking up her pencil and writing the date, she noticed a shadow hovering over her. She looked up to see 3 girls. One had long brunette hair and dark green eyes, the one was ginger with dark blue eyes, and the last one had dirty blond hair and light blue eyes. The girl with green eyes seemed to be leading them, acting like a queen bee. "Oh, hi..." Luz said uncertainly. The brunette looked down at her and gave her a smirk. "Hey, new girl," She said in an intimidating tone.

Her voice sent shivers down her spine, it sounded so cold and dark. Luz froze for a second, not knowing what to do. Even though she didn't know her intentions, Luz could feel a bad aura come from her; nothing but dread and unpleasantness. "We just wanted to say hi, and Welcome you to Hexside," She said with the same tone, making Luz was to curl up in a ball. "Well...Thanks," Luz finally let out. The girl chuckled and walked back to her seat, giving Luz one final look back. Luz stared down at her paper and felt tears reach her eyes, why was she crying? There was no reason to cry. She took in a deep breath and the tears went away. Class began, and Luz paid attention to the teacher, not wanting to look around the room and risk making eye-contact with the girl.

The dread hung in the air until the bell rang. Relief fell over her and she walked out of the class as quickly as she could. She met Amity for 2nd period like usual. Luz didn't want to bring up the encounter with the girls to her though, she felt like it wasn't important. The day went on and they went through the 2nd and 3rd period together. Luz had caught up to speed with all of the assignments, so she didn't really need help anymore. Sometimes though, just for fun, she would ask Amity for help just to talk to her.

The bell rang, meaning rush hour was about to start. The 3 quickly got out of the classroom and to the cafe in record time, all surprised by how fast they made it. They went through the lunchline and sat at the table in the back. They talked for a while until the uneasy feeling came back to Luz.

"Ok, which came first, Chicken or the egg?" Boscha asked Luz from across the table. Luz rubbed her chin, thinking about the question. "The chicken," She responded after a while. Boscha rolled her eyes, "You're kidding right!" she exclaimed. Amity was laughing next to them, not wanting to say anything to disrupt the argument. Although, her laughing soon stopped when she saw a worried expression on Luz's face. "Hey, you ok?" Amity asked. Luz didn't have enough time to respond before she felt a tap on her shoulder. Amity turned around to see the sight of a brunette girl and her minions.

Kali.

Amity rolled her eyes at them, letting out a sigh. "What do you want, Kali?" Amity asked, clearly annoyed. "It's been a while," Kali responded with a smirk. Boscha cringed next to them, clearly not wanting any part of this. "What do you really want?" Amity asked again. Kali put her hands behind her back, "I'm having a party tomorrow, My parents are out on a business trip and I figured you needed to lighten up a bit," She said with a fake smile. Amity huffed out, "That's a no," Amity mumbled, turning back around. Kali sat down on the seat next to her, "You sure, we're gonna raid my parent's booze stash, and some cute senior boys from Epiderm High are gonna be there," Kali explained, nudging Amity. The Blight cringed and backed up from Kali, "Yeah, it's still a no," She said. Kali stood up and brushed herself off, "Suit yourself, but if you 2 want to come around, we wouldn't mind," Kali said, looking back at Boscha and Luz. She gave Boscha a little wink before walking back over to the 'popular table'.