Chapter 4

V's POV

WALL-E and I slowly approach the robot as she looks at the fire with a sad expression.

As we move closer to her, WALL-E starts to whistle. After a few seconds, WALL-E clears his throat, which grabs the robots attention.

The robot turns in our direction which causes us to jump and fall back in fear.

WALL-E stands back up while making a whistling noise.

I get up and shake the dirt off of my fur.

The robot then starts to speak in different languages. This confused WALL-E and I a little bit. I think she is trying to figure out what language we speak.

It soon came to a point when she said, "Directive?"

That we understood.

My ears perk up while WALL-E makes a noise of understanding.

"Directive?" The robot asks us.

Without saying anything, WALL-E puts garbage into his compartment and compresses it into a cube. The garbage cube comes out of his compartment and he says, "Ta-da."

WALL-E rolls over to the robot and asks, "Directive?"

"Directive?" The robot asks.

WALL-E and I nod at the robot.

"Classified." The robot says while turning away.

"Oh." WALL-E says.

"Name?" The robot asks before scanning us.

WALL-E hesitates before saying, "WALL-E." He then turns and points in my direction while saying, "V."

"WALL-E, V." The robot says before laughing. "EVE." She says afterwards.

Oh, so her name is EVE.

WALL-E kept struggling to say EVE's name, but EVE helps him by saying her name over and over again.

It finally came to a point where WALL-E finally said, "EVE."

I bark happily while EVE laughs.

Just then, WALL-E's alarm goes off, signaling that a storm was coming.

Oh, no.

WALL-E and I look behind EVE and in the distance. And there was the storm.

"EVE!" WALL-E says to EVE in fear. WALL-E kept saying her name, but he goes into his box form in fear.

The storm was coming and I quickly curl up in a ball.

All I hear is EVE saying our name while looking around for us. I feel WALL-E grab onto me, and I believe he was holding EVE's arm.

WALL-E leads us back into our home.

Once we go inside, WALL-E closes the door. It was so dark that I couldn't see anything. But it was a good thing WALL-E turned the lights on.

EVE looks around while I follow WALL-E.

WALL-E looks back at EVE and says, "EVE." He then motions EVE to follow him.

EVE then follows WALL-E. EVE also takes the opportunity to look around as well. She comes up to a fish statue that was on the wall. The fish started to sing a song, which startles Eve and causes her to aim her gun at the fish.

"EVE!" WALL-E says before grabbing EVE's arm and pulling her away from the fish.

When EVE calms down, WALL-E rolls over to the shelves and grabs an item.