Chapter 5

V's POV

It was dark inside our home. The only think giving off light was the blinking green light coming from EVE.

"EVE. EVE?" WALL-E asks as he waves his hand in front of EVE's face, but there was no response.

It soon came to a point where WALL-E was shouting EVE's name but to once again get no response from her.

I just sit there with my ears drooped down. I don't know what happened to EVE.

When the sun rose the next morning, EVE was still shut down.

WALL-E and I were both thinking that she probably needed to get energy from the sun, like us.

So we take her to the roof of our house and place her there. All we had to do was wait.

As time passed, there was still no response from EVE.

As we sit on the edge of the roof, we look in the distance to see a thunder storm approaching.

WALL-E quickly went back inside to get something. And once he came out, he was holding a few umbrellas.

When the rain hit us, WALL-E was holding one of the umbrellas for EVE and I.

But sadly lightning struck the umbrella and WALL-E. Now the umbrella was broken.

WALL-E closes that umbrella and pulls out another umbrella. He then opens it, but it right away gets struck by lightning which also hits WALL-E again.

As days pass by, we have always been by EVE's side no matter what. But it is still quiet lonely without her actually being here.

Today was when WALL-E had to get back to work on cleaning the Earth.

WALL-E puts on his lunchbox and leaves the house, with me following behind.

We both take one more glance at at EVE before taking off.

I also notice that the roach was following us. I stop for moment so the roach has time to crawl on me and rests on my head.

I then catch up with WALL-E as he heads to the spot he usually cleans at.

Hours go by and nothing interesting has happened yet.

As WALL-E puts down a garbage cube, he pulls out the lighter and ignites and flame.

We just stare at the flame in awe.

Moments later, a gust of wind blows past us and the ground started to shake as well.

This startled us for a second.

We both look up into the sky to see the space ship landing.

Oh, no. EVE.

WALL-E gasps before taking off, with the roach holding on to his back for dear life.

I run as fast as I can while following WALL-E.

While WALL-E was rolling as fast as he could, he kept shouting, "EVE!"

Once we reach the ship, we see a mechanical arm take EVE into the ship.

WALL-E and I dash towards the ship, but we notice that the roach was following us.

WALL-E stops in his tracks and leads the roach away from the ship. He then motions for the roach to stay put. Afterwards, he dashes back to me and the ship.

We see a ladder attached to the ship and start to climb up.

But since I can't climb a ladder, I was holding onto WALL-E's shoulder.

The engine starts and the ship takes off.

This causes me to hold onto WALL-E tighter and for WALL-E to hold onto the ladder while screaming.

We soon leave Earth, and we are now floating in space.

I loosen my grip on WALL-E and look around in wonder and amazement. WALL-E does the same.

We both look back to see the Earth.

Without noticing, we start to float.

WALL-E quickly grabs onto the ship and then grabs onto my tail, so I don't float off.

We then go to the window and look inside to see EVE and other robots that look exactly like her.

Well, good thing we are close by to EVE.

As time passes, WALL-E and I see so many interesting and wondrous things, like stars, planets, and the galaxy.

It has now been long time. I believe we are long ways from Earth by now.

We both look out in the distance to see something big. It was another spaceship.

Wait, I have seen that ship before. When I was on Earth.

It's the Axiom!