Chapter 6

Batman made it just as the teens were fighting Mr. Freeze. Mr. Freeze's goons were all knocked out and the ground was covered in ice. Even though the ground was covered in ice, the teens moved with whirlwind accuracy. As soon as one teen landed a hit, they stepped back and another moved in. The teen with green-eyes watched in shock as the teens comfortably fought along-side each other. Batman joined the fight and the five teens accommodated the sixth fighter. Mr. Freeze was then quickly subdued and Batman turned to the teens, "Who are you to fight the villains of Gotham City and where did you learn to fight?"

Chloe, Nino, Luka, and Kagami looked to Marinette. "Ah, well, we're tourists from Paris. We know how to fight because it's a great way to relieve stress and anger, so we learned how." Chloe's phone chimed and she looked down.

"We have to go, it's 1:50!" Luka, Nino, Kagami, and Chloe gracefully slid across the ice to the pavement and started to run in the direction of WE Tower. Mari followed, but she slid right into the green-eyed teen who had stepped right in front of her pathway.

Marinette blushed, got up and helped the other teen up. "OhmygoodnessI'msosorry. Ihavetogo,haveaniceday!" She then ran off, waving. Damian Wayne turned to Batman.

"You have a meeting at 2."

"Oh, right. Right around the corner is the regular car Alfred is driving. The batmobile will drive itself back to the batcave with my suit." Batman drove the batmobile into an alley as Damian rushed to where Alfred was waiting. Batman's seat folded back and removed Bruce's batsuit. Bruce Wayne put his suit on and stepped out of the batmobile. The car drove off as Bruce Wayne got into his regular car and Alfred drove the young men to WE Tower for the fashion meeting with Audrey Bourgeois.

Alfred chuckled. "You might be getting replaced, Master Bruce and Master Damian."

"Not happening, they're tourists from Paris." Damian said.

"If you say so, sir, if you say so." The car pulled up to WE Tower. Bruce straightened his tie, then walked through the door with Damian behind him. The two men froze as they took in the 5 teens sitting with Audrey Bourgeois.

"Oh, hello." Marinette said as she turned when the door opened. Her friends turned with her and Marinette froze when she saw Damian, then she busted out laughing. "Now I insist on taking you to an apology coffee after the meeting. My treat."

"Wait what?"

"Sorry," she giggled and held out her hand. "I'm Marinette Dupan-Cheng and I would like to formally apologize for running into you just earlier by coffee my treat."

"Nice to meet you, Marinette. I'm Damian Wayne." He said as he shook hands with the blue-haired teen.

"Mari, how do you know this guy?" Chloe said sweetly.

"Oh, um, funny story. I ran into him after Mr. Freeze. Literally." Marinette blushed as her friends laughed.

"Ah, classic Mari." Nino chuckled.

"Let's just get on with the meeting done, darlings." Mrs. Bourgeois said as she followed Bruce into the meeting room.

*time skip*

"Go ahead Mari, we can do some more sight-seeing." Chloe and the others were trying to convince Marinette to go on without them to her apology coffee. In reality they wanted to spy on their friend and make sure everything went well.

"Ok, if you insist."

"We insist." Chloe, Kagami, Luka, and Nino said together.

"Well, see you later." Marinette walked out with Damian,asking where the best coffee shops were.

Marinette and Damian walked out of the cafe with coffees to go on a walk. Marinette was laughing at something Damian had just said while he was just slightly smiling. To be honest, Damian had been really surprised when the pretty blue eyed girl slid into him. Typically, he would have assumed it was some ploy to get his father's money which was a normal occurrence at school and in Gotham City in general, but the girl, Marinette, hadn't even batted an eye at the name Wayne. She had seemed genuinely sorry for falling into him. It was quite refreshing. Also, Marinette made him want to smile. As Damian walked out of the coffee shop with Marinette laughing at a story of Drake and his coffee when he felt the presence of someone, someones, following them. Marinette whispered to him as they walked towards the park.

"Sorry, my friends are following us. Even since my last crush, they've been dying to set me up with someone."

"What happened to your last crush?" Damian inquired.

"He never saw me as anything more than a good friend even though it was so obvious that I liked him. Then he took the side of someone he knows is a liar."

"Well, want to give your friends something to talk about?"

Marinette smirked. "Sure." Damian grabbed her hand and pulled her closer so that now they were walking with shoulders brushing and hands clasped. "Well, Mr. Wayne, you are truly devious." Marinette said in a fake, posh accent. A smile tugged at Damian' lips.

"Well, I have a wonderful partner in crime." he replied in the same posh accent. Then they both busted out laughing. Marinette's friends were almost dying of curiosity. Yet, little did Marinette and Damian know, but an unknown person in a cafe clicked a picture on his phone and sent it to someone, or someones.