Miriam, the Peacekeeper

"Mages, nobles. I fight for neither. I fight for peace."- Miriam

A prodigy with a blade, Miriam stands out among the ranks of the Demacian Dauntless Vanguard. A dancer of death on the battlefield, she fights for more than recognition. She fights for a peaceful Demacia. The Demacia she has always dreamt of.

Unlike some of her fellow soldiers in the Dauntless Vanguard, Miriam was not born into a noble family. On the contrary, she was born to a family of blacksmiths in Fossbarrow.
Having spent a childhood surrounded by weapons destined for Demacian soldiers, Miriam didn't have the conventional dolls normally gifted to girls. Instead, she spent her time sparring against her father with blunt weapons, immediately showing an affinity for a double sword approach. Due to the lack of a proper instructor, combined with her and her mother's love of music, Miriam developed an unorthodox fighting style mixing basic combat moves with graceful dancing movements.
As she grew up, Miriam became increasingly aware of the conflicts both outside the borders as well as within the kingdom itself. This prompted her to join the army, rather than accept her potential future as a blacksmith, in hopes of being able to ensure a peaceful life for the people of Demacia.
There, her unorthodox style immediately caught the attention of her commanding officers. She stood out particularly through her valiant efforts during the first Noxian assaults. She was eventually promoted to the Dauntless Vanguard, where she became a valued member, not only due to her skills with a blade, but also her surprising effectiveness as a diplomat. There she met and formed a strong friendship with Garen Crownguard.
However, it was with Garen's younger sister, Luxanna Crownguard, that she truly connected with. Their shared views on what Demacia could be and their kingdom's limitations forged a strong bond between the two. This bond was only strengthened by Miriam's accidental discovery of Lux's magical abilities, which allowed her to view mages in a different light. Soon she realized that magic was not inherently evil, like most high born Demacians would have their people believe.
Despite this realization, Miriam still held strong to her belief in a peaceful Demacia, though she now strived for one where people like her young friend would not have to live in fear, but as accepted members of Demacian society.
While the violent escape of Sylas of Dregbourne has forced her to reevaluate her vision of the future, she maintains her conviction.

She rose to a position worthy of recognition, yet that has never been her goal. Miriam still remains, first and foremost, a protector of Demacia. To her it doesn't matter whether they are noble or peasants, whether they are mages or ordinary humans. She makes no distinctions and protects all. Feared in Noxus for her ferocity, praised in Demacia for her kindness and compassion, Miriam still holds true to her ideals. She does not fight for glory or for riches. She fights for peace.