Celiac Disease Is Not An Allergy

All the world knows about celiac disease but is it the truth. A new theory that came up this year was how healthy is going gluten free for the fun of it. A group of spealists handed out a questionnaire to a hundred thousand random people. Studies show those who don't suffer from celiac disease or a wheat sensitivity shouldn't avoid gluten. Alice Lichtenstein, senior scientist and director of the Cardiovascular Nutrition Laboratory at the Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging(HNRCA) at Tufts University says, "I think it was an important study to do because, so many times people get excited about these very extreme diets and assume that they're going to be better." Starving your body of gluten from the diet doesn't lower the risk of types of heart disease, actually it increase the chances of occurrence. The heart gets its' nutrition from whole wheat bread to function well, leaving your heart malnourished and weak. This study is both agreed by Benjamin Lebwohl and  celiac disease expert Alessio Fasano.  Celiac Disease Foundation states on their website, "When people with celiac disease eat gluten (a protein found in wheat, rye and barley), their body mounts an immune response that attacks the small intestine. These attacks lead to damage on the villi, small fingerlike projections that line the small intestine, that promote nutrient absorption. When the villi get damaged, nutrients cannot be absorbed properly into the body." As a person with celiac disease gluten not only damages my small intestine but my whole digestive system. One way to check for celiac disease is an endoscopy, a scope down a person's throat and stomach and a biopsy of stomach tissue. During the endoscopy the monitor would have shown erosion of the stomach lining know as a ulser and scar tissue. Celiac disease is not a allergy but a serious hereditary autoimmune disorder. Don't group gluten intolerance with celiac disease. If your intolerant all you experience is bloating, nashua, diarrhea, little abdominal discomfort. On the other hand celiac disease most likely cause long term health complications including malabsorption, anemia, lactose intolerant, bone loss density, nervous system such as peripheral neuropathy, osteoporosis, lymphoma, etc. This one disease is an underlying cause of dangerous autoimmune diseases like the one listed above. Celiac disease is a scary health concern, especially in America where they use wheat as a persevere or binder in everything from food to common used medicine. Hope this message shined some light on you view.