Missing

It's night, and both of Hayden's and Henry's parents Haven't shown their face, anywhere. Have not even so much of called. Hayden has gone crazy calling the police. Henry still was not worried, sure this was new to him, but his mother will show up before dawn. He's sure of it.

 He was getting into bed, even though it was late for a school night, when the door bell rang throughout the house. It was late, or early since it was only 2:30 am. Henry, rubbed his eyes annoyed once again getting up. Only in plain havy blue  boxers and an old black t-shirt on, he made his way to the front door. He could see red, white, and blue lights shining through the old worn curtains. He opened the door. The bright lights blinded him. 

"I'm Officer Rogers, Mr. Greyrose, your mother was reported missing." The officer said as a statement. 

" By Haydon Ron? Yeah." Henry said, rubbing his eyes, and opened them. The officer looked him up and down. 

" You didn't report earlier." 

" My mother doesn't always report what she's doing, for all I know she could be out. It's not like it's illegal for her to." The officer nodded. 

"Let's hope she is, but for right now do you have any idea where she could be?" 

'Where could my mother be?' Henry thought. 'I have no real idea, at first I thought work, now...Where could she be at this time? It's been 3 hours shy of 24 hours since she went missing.' 

"I have no idea where she could be." He admits. "At first she might have been a work, but I don't know now, it's been about 24 hours since I knew where she was." Rogers nods, collecting the information. 

"Alright then, hope your mother really is just out, but if not. We'll fine her." He said. " You have a good night." 

" Yeah, you too." Henry said as he closed the door. "No way I'm getting back to sleep." He growled as if someone could hear him. 

Hayden was up also, talking to Whictia Police Department till midnight, giving information of both, his parents and  Henry's. He couldn't believe Henry wasn't taking the possibility of their parents missing as big deal. 

'They could be partying.'  He said. Why in the world would they be partying just after noon?! His mother and father, said they will see him in the morning once he headed off to bed. 

Hayden rubbed his eyes, he wasn't getting any sleep for that stupid French test in the morning. He didn't even get a chance to study. Maybe he'll just stay home for the day. Sure his perfect attendence will be gone, but he never kept that up for long and this is a good reason. The second best answer, second to 'a family member dying.' He cringe thinking if that's what happened. 

'It didn't!' He yelled in his mind. 'Their fine, good people don't just die!' One of the biggest lies he ever told himself, he knows it. But he still pray it's true. 

Beep! Beep! Beep! 

Hayden shot up, guess he fell asleep anyways. He rolled out of bed, thinking yesterday was just a bad dream. A nightmare, even more horrific than the monster under your bed as a child.

But getting ready and dress, leaving his room he realized no small of bacon and eggs. Pancakes he would drown in maple syrup. He dropped his bag. Yesterday was not a dream, it was real his parents is still missing.

 Henry came through the door, as he done every school morning to eat breakfast and ride with Hayden. Henry looked ran down, and...worried. Which was new, Greyrose never worried. 

" My mother still isn't back? Did anyone check the Book Store?" He said. 

" My parents aren't back either... and yeah, police went there last night. They couldn't find a single clue." Hayden replied. 

"...It's like their stories, as if they just faded away." 

"Disappeared." Agreed Hayden, he grabbed himself a cup of coffee. Raising a cup in his friend's direction. Henry shook his head, declining the cup of coffee. 

"What about that secret room, there?" Hayden raised his head looking at his friend, forgetting all about the room, they never were aloud in. But his hope deflated when he remember something very important.

"We don't have the key." 

"I think I know what it is, come on. We're not going to school today." 

"Can I at least have my coffee?" 

"...Fine." Drinking their coffee as fast as he could, he drop the coffee stained cup in the sink.