Behind Locked Doors

Hayden pushed openned the door, holding the door open for Henry. Inside of the Bookstore 'Ravenwood' a policeman was there investigating. 

"...Shouldn't you two be in school?" The man said. 

" We needed to check something out." Henry said walking past the police officer. 

"Is it about the door, with that complex lock? Do you think there might be clues behind the door?" 

" Maybe." Hayden replied opening the door that said employees only. The three went back into the large room, but one interest all of them. 

"So are you going to unlock it?" The officer asked. Henry looked at the lock, his mother, he remembered her opening it before, she done something, with the door. This...confusing lock, with its confusing shapes and confusing symbols. 

" You said you knew how to open it." Hayden said crossing his arms. 

"I saw my mother opened it before." Henry said under his breath. He never really had a good chance of ever opening it. Looking at every symbol, he studied it. Lines, circles, triangles. They were all mixed together. Like an ancient language. Never solve, never put to English. Henry stared at the lock harder. Some symbols actually looked like modern letters and numbers. Hayden groaned, and dropped to his knees, by his best friend, taking the lock from him hand. 

"Haven't you people tried to break it?" He asked.

"We have, of course we have. It won't break, even dent. The jaws of life, won't even make a mark," the officer  said crossing his arms, and took a picture of the lock. 

"Where's the key, Henry?" Hayden questioned standing looking around the door. Henry stood and went to the other side of the room. Where a desk, with books and papers laid around covering the surface. He opened a draw, a old rusting key, something that would be the key to a big old door. That's been lost for ages. Or nowadays something for a wall. He went back to the door, the key git perfectly in the brown and golden lock. He turned it, or at least tried. 

"Won't turn." Henry said. 

" No duh." Hayden replied. Henry glared at his friend, but turned back to the lock grabbing in. 

"Well, seem like nothing's here." The officer yawned. The high school students looked at him, as the officer started out. " You kids head to school!" He yelled before leaving.

"...Isn't he supposed to drive us to school?" Hayden asked. Henry told him to be quiet before the unnamed officer came back. Suddenly the locked glowed in Henry's hands. He let it go with a gasped. The lock cease glowing. Hayden was the first to touch the lock again, and when he did, he turned the key. It turned. The lock came of the latch and the door opened. At first the room, was pitch black. Then candles around the room, flickered to life. 

"Wow." Henry said in awe. Hayden on the other hand took a step away from the door. 

" We shouldn't go in there." Hayden said.

"Your the one who opened the door, and it's your parent's shop, shouldn't you want to go in." 

"My parents barely go in there, it's your mom, who's always in there." Hayden said, taking another step back, Henry rolled his eyes, and walked in the dimly lit room. "Henry! Get back here!" 

"Scared?" 

" No...You just don't know what's in there." 

"Um, no it just sounds like your scared." 

" I'm not scared." 

" You are." 

" I'm not." Henry didn't reply this time, he saw a beautiful snow globe. One more beautiful than the one next to it. Even through the strange symbols he could read the word Ras. Hayden didn't notice the snow globe Henry was with when he saw one with the word, like his parents shop, Ravenwood. It was engraved with the werid symbols, some from the lock, some not. 

He didn't understand why he could over read this word, as he couldn't understand any other, not even what Henry was looking at. 

" Ras." Henry finally spoke, looking at his best friend. He picked the globe up, that was in his hands, it showed a grand castle, on a cliff a frozen sea calm. Snow on the ground and floating around in the water since he picked it up. 

"Well this said Ravenwood." Hayden said, picking up his own. Another beautiful castle, but this one on a large hill. A long pathway going down the large village below. The caslte seemed to reach the skies, and the snow covered ground seemed it would be perfect to build a snowman out of...how much would it be to make a snow angel, in that perfect white snow, with not even a single footprint. Henry finally put his down walking around to check out anything else. The whole right side of the room was to Ras. The other, to whatever Hayden was with. Henry didn't notice the sun enprinted on his palm.