・Chapter 6・

I could not find the artist of this adorable art, but here's the link to it on Pinterest. If you happen to know, please let me know so I can give them proper credit! Thanks!
https://pin.it/3UHRDLS

"You have such soft hair, (y/n)" Her mother muttered softly as she combed her fingers through her daughter's luscious hair. "Mom, I got it from you! That's why it's soft!" (Y/n)'s mother giggled, "You're so silly." "I'm just stating a fact." The crickets chirped loudly with the humming of her mother's voice in the dimmed lighted room. "Mom... how did you meet dad?" Her daughter asks curiously. "Well, I was going to get something from the jewelry store and I met your father there." "Oh... thought it be more romantic like in those romantic dramas." Her mother couldn't help and shook her head, "Dear, this is real life. You'll find your lover in the most unexpected place." (Y/n) laughs, "I hope I meet them like how the main character meets their lover. Like in a cafe!" (Y/n)'s mother smiled as she reaches for the hair tie on the nightstand. While reaching for it, her gentle hands tipped over an empty coffee mug. With a loud crash, the mug broke into many pieces.

(Y/n)'s eyes open into reality again. She stands up and touches messy hair, then she scratched it. "I have too many dreams with mom in it." She breathes out. "Oh hey, Fei." The cat sits beside her, looking up at her adoringly. She pets Fei with a smile. She then yawns and stretches out her muscles. As (y/n) props herself up against the rusty headboard and letting Fei sitting in her lap, they both hear a horrific scream coming from the lobby. Her shoulders jump as she barely makes out the words the person is yelling. Fei was too unbothered by it to care. She quickly jumps out of her blankets with Fei in her arms and makes her way down the lobby with little noise as possible.

Peeking in the lobby, the troupe members surround a kneeling body, who was pleading for their life. "Please! I-I just wondered in here! I didn't know you guys were in here!" The man's eyes were bulged out, nose running, eyes watering. "Then why eavesdrop on us?" Machi asks with suspicion in her ocean eyes. Her nen strings tighten around him. "I-I got curious!" "Paku." Chrollo simply says her name. "On it." She steps in front of the frightened man and touches his shoulder. The man's breath shakes as Pakunoda looks down upon him. "A spy for a man name, Genko. A man who can take other people's souls and use them for his power and benefits." The man bows down before Paku and the troupe members, "Please! I-I didn't want to do it! Genko forced me or else he'll take my soul! I'm begg-" "Whoops." The man's body falls forward as his head detached and fell into one of the lobby's dark corners.

(Y/n) has to cover her mouth as she slides down to the floor. "Nobunaga, we could have gotten more information," Machi argues as her nen strings that wrapped around the man's body disappears. "Pakunoda already got it, right?" Pakunoda sighs, "He barely knows anything about this Genko man. It's true he was forced to become a spy." "(Y/n), you can come out now," Nobunaga calls out to the girl, but (y/n) remains unhidden. "Oh come on (y/n)! We can sense your nen easily! Nobody is here to hurt you." Nobunaga assures with the nicest voice he can muster. (Y/n)'s head peeks out before the rest of her body follows. "Who was he?"

She walks towards the troupe, setting Fei down and keeping enough distance from herself and the dead body. "A spy for a man name Genko. Those two men that were after you worked for him. Seems we made ourselves a new enemy." Chrollo speaks in a clear, smooth voice, "We have 2 more days until the party. Uvogin, Nobunaga, I'll send you out to look for Genko. You'll bring him back to me." "Finally something to do! I've been starving for some killing!" Uvogin smashes his hands together as his eyes fill with lust for violence. Chrollo opens up his book again, "A man who takes souls..." He thought to himself. A nen ability he must get his hands on. Chrollo then stands up, "I'll be in my room. You all know your tasks." He strolls into the dark hallways of the hotel.

The troupe stays quiet until they no longer can see their boss. "Uh, can somebody... dispose the head... and the body." (Y/n) asks, avoiding the head that's in the shadows. "Please." "Don't worry." Uvogin walks over the corner and picks the head up, "I wonder how far I can throw this." "That's childish." Machi scoffs. "Whatever." Uvogin picks up the beheaded body with one arm. "Say, (y/n), aren't you supposed to used to seeing dead bodies now." "Of course not, she's a wimp." Feitan answers for her. "Hey! I'm a healer, not a murderer!" Feitan rolls his eyes, "So?" "So I can't deal with gore!" "So?" (Y/n) pouts, "I'm supposed to be the one annoying you!" Uvogin laughs, "I'm going to go now, who wants to see how far I can throw this guy." "I'll join," Phinks says with a smirk. "Anyone else?" "No thanks, we're good." The two men look at each other and grinned evilly, "Say, whoever throws the farthest wins." They both walk out the door, blabbering.