Chapter 7: Maybe this is different

The slow music pours into our dance and we slowly move through the whole album. I stare into his eyes to whole time. I've been in denial the entire time I've known him. I don't want to be enemies with him. I don't know what, but not enemies.
I try to read his face the whole dance, but slowly giving up when all I see is calmness. I simply wrap my arms around his neck and bury my face in his chest. I'm hoping it will hide me from what I'm feeling.
The music slowly fades and we are left standing in silence.
"You've been awfully quiet darling." He lightly pinches my waist. I simply squeeze my eyes tighter to fight the longing.
"Well, it's a dance, so what do you expect." I pull back and look at him.
"I think I like this too much." Frank whispers. I pretend not to hear and pull away from our long embrace. I can't deal with this right now. I know how this ends. It ends in me making a confession that he'll take pity on. He's only looking for some fun, I bet a one night stand, maybe even a week. He doesn't want to be with a mess like me.
"Mm... it smells good in here." I say, walking towards the small kitchen area.
"Yes. Yes, it does." Frank follows and puts Claudia, who sits on the kitchen counter.
"How does Claudia like you so much?" I pout, angry that even Claudia is getting too attached to him. Frank picks up the ball of fluff and twirls around with her in his arms. He stops in front of me. Claudia looks like she's having the time of her life. Little bitch. But I love that little bitch, so it's fine.
"It's because I'm the greatest frank to ever live!" He sets her down and I roll my eyes.
"Sure, keep telling yourself that." I push his head away from  mine and make my way to the small blue couch by the fire place.
"Wanna watch a movie?" I ask. He comes over and sits down, leaning his head on my shoulder.
"Only if we can cuddle." He looks up at me, a childish smile on his face.
"No." I raise my eyebrow, "In your dreams pretty boy."
He grabs a blanket. "Worth a try." I can hear the laughter in his voice, "does that mean you think I'm pretty?" He looks over at me again.
Our faces being literally inches away, I push his head hard away.
"No." I turn on the tv and turn on a horror movie. Well, why not?
"We are watching this and if you don't like it, too bad." I say, because I personally love horror movies and I need to get away from the weird moments me and frank have been having.
Frank nods and places a big blanket on both of us. This is not helping.

//

We continue watching the movie and about an hour in, frank freaks out at one of the jump scares and grabs on to my waist, burying his face on my stomach. I burst out laughing, the so called manly frank being scared of a horror movie. I feel him giggling on my stomach and I pull his head up to hover over mine. I'm currently completely under him, as his legs are tangled with mine and his hands are pinning my arms down by my head, supporting him so he isn't completely collapsed on me. I don't feel like laughing anymore.
"You're pulse is really fast." He says and I glance at my hand being pinned down by Frank's, my heart skipping a beat. He leans in closer, our faces now centimeters apart. Our noses brush, and I glance down at his lips, his warm body heat making me feel so-
"Meow." Claudia. I whip my head over the same time frank does and we see Claudia exploring the food we had set out in preparation of making the tamales. She dips her head in one of the bowls with the dough and we both jump up, trying to make sure she doesn't eat it.
"No-!"
"Claudia!"
She looks up as frank is almost to her and she runs away. I am running, frank has stopped, you can guess the results. Frank catches me and we almost land on the ground, frank barely keeping us up by holding onto the counter. He slowly lets up down and now I'm sitting on Frank's lap on the floor. My cheeks are bright red, my heart is racing. I cackle, my hands grasping Frank's jaw. I feel the rumbling laugh under me.
"You know what y/n? We really need to stop ending up in this position." I smile and look away. He grabs my chin, making me look at him. "You know you can smile around me y/n, right?" I examine his face, trying to see if he's being sarcastic. He's not.
"Ok." I blush when I realize what a compromising position we are in. I get up and help him up. I need to touch him. I need to get closer, so I swipe a it of dust off of his fancy suit. He never takes it off, does he?
He smiles at the touch and my cheeks heat up. I shouldn't have done that oh god! I turn around to hide my face and look at the time.
"Oh! The tamale meat is pretty much done!" I move over to the marinating beef and then whirl around to Frank. I could feel his gaze on me.
"So you can cook the meat and I'll cut up the vegetables and put them together." He says. I nod and move to to cabinet to grab a pan.