Chapter 4: The New Normal

I stare at his back walking to the couch. How did this mess even happen? Claudia of course greets him with enthusiasm. Maybe it's the time from when she ran away, but they seem to have bonded to the point of being good friends.
"I'm surprised she likes a prick like you." I say, joining him on the small couch in the middle of the apartment.
"I am wounded by your words y/n!" He says dramatically, holding his chest as if he's been shot. "But I know what will make it better! A kiss!" He says again, dramatically.
"Oh really?" I say. What will come out this? I sit next to him and he leans forward. I look down at his lips as he gets inches away. I put my hands on his shoulders and lean a little closer, feeling my heart stutter from being this close to him. I feel his warm breath on my nose, reminding me of how tall he is even sitting down. I look up and roam his face. His eyes stay trained on my lips. My gaze wanders down his slightly crooked nose, his surprisingly sharp jawline, and his small round lips. I almost reach up and touch his ear which is bandaged up in question. But then I remember the purpose of this.
"You're gonna have to try harder than that" is whisper, pushing his shoulders down towards where is just sat on the couch. He bursts out laughing as I walk away, going to fill my cats water bowl up.
"Meow." My cat says, looking up at me at what is seemingly surprise.
"The prick deserved it." is all I say, petting her head.
"I heard that my darling y/n!" Frank says after finally falling out of laughter.
"'Darling y/n?' Out of all the nicknames there are, you chose 'darling y/n.'"
"It really has a ring to it, doesn't it?" He says, calling Claudia over. She somehow listens to him.
"Over my dead body." I say.
"You know you love it." He reply's with a smile that I wish I could smack off of him.
I ignore him and look at the time. It says 2 pm.
"Looks like we're gonna have to start dinner." I say, looking over at frank now cuddling with- wait what! Cuddling? Claudia has never cuddled with me without me having to force her to sit on my lap.
"Cat stealer"  I say, walking towards the kitchen.
"Let's look at what nicknames you've given me now!" He says. "Prick, and cat stealer. My personal favorite is prick." He says, lounging on the couch.
"You know you love it." I repeat his words. "Now lets get dinner ready."