Chapter 87: I Love You.

Start from the beginning

      The Macy's Thanksgiving Parade was playing on the TV sitting on top of the left refrigerator while Niall and Allie watched me sew one of the ends of the turkey shut, just like Gramma taught me. I cut the leftover thread and put the needle to the side. "Alright, ready for the next end?" I asked Allie, flipping the tray with the turkey. Hers and Niall's hands were covered in homemade stuffing, and occasionally would lick some from their fingers. 

      "It's so good." Niall groaned. 

      I smile, "Just wait until it's cooked." I said, watching Allie grab tiny handfuls of stuffing to put into the turkey.

      I wiped away the small bits of stuffing from my hands and grabbed my phone from the pocket, taking photos of Allie and Niall. Allie had her eyebrows furrowed in concentration and her tongue sticking out from the side while she put in the rest of the stuffing. "Pet, can you get me a towel?" Niall asks. Allie looks over at him with confusion written all over her face. 

      "Pet? Emmy isn't a pet." Allie tells him as I hand him a couple paper towels. 

      "No, that's not what I meant. Where I'm from, 'pet' means 'darling'." Niall explains, wiping his hands and tossing the dirty towel. Allie makes an 'O' shape and nods.

---

      It had finally been time for dinner and everyone was waiting for Niall and I to take out the food. Everyone had already known Niall and the looks Jose gave him were a combination of weary and cautious. I don't know why, clearly everyone had met him already and I had only met Jose last year when Gramma was diagnosed. I didn't think too much of it, though.

      "Have I told you that you look beautiful?" Niall asked, wrapping his arms around my waist while I added the last minute touches. I looked down to my loose, sweater and normal jeans. My jeans were tucked into some Uggs to keep my feet warm, since it was pretty cold out today. My hair was curled and into a ponytail. It was nothing big because it was only my family. "Thank you. You look pretty good, yourself." I smiled, referring to his navy blue button up tucked into his navy blue pants. It took a lot of convincing to get him to dress casually, this was the most that I would get. It was a nice touch to add the converse that he wore, they were surprisingly clean.

 It was a nice touch to add the converse that he wore, they were surprisingly clean

      During dinner, we made jokes while my hand was holding Niall's. He told us about what he was working on with the band and the story of how we met. My family asked him questions that he hadn't said the last time he was here. We joked around and ate, and when we had finished eating, he watched sports with my uncle Mario, his family, Jose, Allie and Grampa while Tia, Dee, her mom, and I cleaned up. "How long have you known this boy?" Aunt Rose asks, leaning on the counter while I scrubbed the dishes and passing them to Dee to rinse. 

      "Uh... About two, almost three, years." I smiled. 

      "Wow." 

      I nodded, "Yeah."