Chapter 86: Him And I.

Start from the beginning

      "Stop that, Emily. Of course I'll stay. I can never pass up loads of food." I giggled, grabbing my duffle bag. Niall grabs his own and closes the trunk.

      We walk through the gate and up the sidewalk. "Now that I think about it, this is the perfect place that you'd grow up in." I nodded, as we passed the rose bush and the larger plant up front. 

      "100%." We laughed at our own lame joke and I opened the outside door. Haley's barking was heard from inside, Niall hugged his hoodie closer to him. 

      "Jesus, it's cold here." 

      I smirked, "You'll get used to it." I opened the inside door and poked my head in. 

      "Hey! You're here!" Tia smiles, getting up from the couch. I walked in with Niall behind me, 

      "Yes! I'm here. And I brought Niall." I said hugging her. She waved her hand in a 'don't worry' manner. 

      "The more, the merrier." She said hugging Niall. 

      "Where's Grampa and Allie?" I asked, leaning down and petting Haley.

      "Out in the back." She replied. 

      "Alright, I'll go back right now. Let me put my stuff down." I smiled, walking through the rest of the living room and around the bar. Niall followed me into my bedroom and I sighed in relief. Haley jumps onto the bed, wagging her small tail and panting from the excitement. "Hey, Bones." I greeted, placing the bag down. I picked her up, hugging her close to me. 

      Niall pets the top of her head, "Why do you call her Bones?" He questions, placing a hand on my lower back. 

      "'Cause she's only bones." I said, kissing Haley. Niall nods and pouts right after. 

      "Aw, you show her more love than to me." He pouts. 

      I smirk, "I loved her first." I teased. Niall's jaw dropped, making me laugh. 

      "Alright, let's go out." I smiled widely before putting Haley down. Niall follows me past the dining table and through the kitchen.

      The sound of Allie's baby voice warms my heart. I open the door and get out first. "Emmy!" Allie cheers. She slides down the slide of her little playground and runs to Niall and I. "Niall!" I catch her and pick her up. 

      She hugs my neck tightly, "I missed you." I tell her. 

      "I miss you too." She replies. She goes from my arms to Niall's who hugs the living life out of her. 

      "How are you, huh?" He asks her. She removes herself from him and stays in his arms. She smiles, revealing that she lost a tooth. "Oh my God! Look at that gap!" He points out. Grandpa comes out from the side of the house and glances at us. I walk over to him. 

      "Hey, you're back." He says hugging me. 

      "'Course I am. Couldn't miss Thanksgiving." I smiled, hugging him back. 

      "Hey, Niall." He greets, patting his shoulder. 

      "Hi." Niall smiles. 

      "How have you been?" I smile at the exchange between Niall and Grampa. 

      Allie tugs my hand, "Can you push me?" She asks, pointing to the swings. 

      I nod, "Yeah, let's go."

      I didn't know how much I missed home until now. I missed the chill breeze and the weather. I missed Grampa and Tia and my bed here. I'm glad that I'm finally home, and even more glad that Niall wanted to tag along. I looked up to Niall and Grampa. Grampa was showing him something and using the usual knowledge that he had, talking about the item. I smiled, thinking that Grampa clearly liked Niall more than Dylan and the other boyfriends that I've had. It made me happy that he liked him. It just made me even more happy that I got the seal of approval from the only father I've ever had.

------

[Him & I - G Eazy, Halsey]

------

A/N:

goddammit, these next couple of chapters were supposed to be out for thanksgiving because i wanted to do something cheesy and say how grateful i was of all of you but that passed :( but hopefully the christmas ones will be out on time ;))))

Vote, Comment, Share

TPWK.

All the love, C. xx