35

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"stop messing around sunghoon, it's me, gyuri." gyuri nervously laughed.

"i'm sorry but i'm not really aware of anyone named gyuri."

"um, excuse me miss?"

gyuri removed her hand from sunghoon's and looked at the doctor.

"doctor, why dosen't he know me? is this a prank?"

"i'm afraid not miss. the patient is currently suffering from amnesia. the bullet really hit major parts of his brain and removed half of his memories."

gyuri's world dropped.

he looked at the boy who kept looking at her as if he's seeing her for the first time.

"sunghoon, it's me, your girlfriend." gyuri tried once again, having her hopes up.

sunghoon looked more confused.

"i don't remember you looking like this, hana."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

hana.

sunghoon remembers hana.

not gyuri.

"how?" gyuri asked the mirror.

"just how?" she repeated once again.

"how could i've been erased from your memory? i gave you so many things to remember about me, and you've known me before hana-" her voice cracked, sitting down on the floor while she grabbed her hair.

"how.."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

gyuri laid on the floor once again staring at the ceiling.

she wasn't making any progress.

in fact, she got worse.

she was at her fifth bucket of ice cream. she got so worse that even her father was scared of what might happen to her health.

"i cried over you for months, then you forget about me?"

"did i at least even appear once in your deep slumber? or did hana never leave your mind? maybe your kiss wasn't really "an accident". maybe hana was better than me. what if first love never really dies?"  gyuri spoke nonstop.

"ah, how are we suppose to get married now? now that your memories of me vanished."

"wait." gyuri sat up.

"memories." she said and looked through her closet.

"where is it, where is it, where is it- aha!" she yelled and took out the album she gave him.

"gosh, i hope this works."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·