09

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"good morning young skaters! a new student will be joining us today."

the little children looked at the girl who was hiding behind her mom.

"i'll get going now sweetie. enjoy."

"alright everyone. this little girl over here is choi gyuri. let's make her feel comfortable alright?"

the teacher said, gently pushing gyuri towards the kids.

gyuri stood at the end of the line, nervously playing with her fingers.

"hi. i'm park sunghoon."

she looked up to see a boy smiling at her.

she slowly started to calm down.

"hi sunghoon, i'm gyuri."

"what are you so nervous about?" he asked.

"well, i'm not used to being around a lot of people. and i don't really have friends to talk to here yet."

"consider me as the first!"

"huh?"

"i'll be your friend gyuri."

he took her hand and led her to the benches.

"come on, let's get you skating."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"sunghoon, i'm doing it!!" gyuri happily mentioned as she skated nicely towards the other end of the rink.

sunghoon watched his friend successfully reach the end of the rink without falling.

it made him feel good.

she skated towards the exit and sunghoon followed along.

"hey sunghoon, here, have one." gyuri offered after grabbing two bottles of almond milk from her bag.

"i guess my mom accidentally put two here. i can't drink all of these so here have the other one."

"wahh i never had one before, does it taste good?" he asked grabbing one from her hand.

"it's the best." she answered giving him a straw.

"gyuri! your mom's here."

the two kids looked to see her mom waving at them.

"i'll go now sunghoon. consider the milk as a thank you gift for guiding me today. see you tomorrow!" gyuri smiled and patted sunghoon's shoulder.

"take care."

2 years later

"gyuri focus. you almost got it." sunghoon cheered at the girl who was practicing for the competition.

gyuri took a deep breath before performing her solo piece.

"come one choi gyuri. you got this."

she skated in the middle of the rink.

it was going good. all that was in her mind was acing this by doing it perfectly. on mistake is failure to her.

suddenly she tripped.

luckily, she didn't fall. but was frustrated at herself.