03. Believe It

THREE BELIEVE IT  TW: homophobic language

THREE BELIEVE IT 
TW: homophobic language

     It wasn't until three days later that Victor got a chance to speak to Sirius again. This time it was just the two of them in passing between classes — no Maeve or Marauders in sight which was all Victor could ask for. He nodded to Sirius as they walked behind a wall outside. Without a word, Victor pulled out his back of muggle cigarettes and handed one over to Sirius who lit it with his wand.

"You're the best, mate, Maeve would kill me if she found out I got my hands on these," Sirius laughed, "She thinks they're gross."

Victor laughed as he inhaled and exhaled smoke, "They are gross, but man is it relaxing. Anyway, you're lucky you get them from me. Anyone else would charge for them — these things are hard to come by since my parents hardly let me venture to a muggle offie."

"Then I owe you one," the dark-haired boy scoffed as he took a long drag from the cigarette. Victor watched with careful eyes as the boy's cheeks hollowed around it before breathing out the smoke that was dark against the snowy background. Thankfully, Sirius had said exactly what Victor needed him to.

"Consider me taking you up on that offer," the boy teased with a biting grin as Sirius realized he has completely walked into that one. Victor should have known cigarettes would be the way to his heart. "Come on, you had to have seen that coming."

Sirius groaned, "Damn it, you blinded me with your magic nicotine! I hate you, arsehole."

"Help me get revenge on James, please!" Victor exclaimed, "I literally don't think I've ever said please in my life that has to mean something. Don't tell me you're too scared to play a little friendly prank on James! It's James!"

"That," Sirius punctuated his dialogue with a drag of his cigarette, smoke spilling out of his pale lips as he finished his sentence, "is exactly what I'm afraid of. He'll kill me! Besides, what he did wasn't that bad."

Victor shook his head, "Anything we do to him will be equal or lesser value, promise, we just need an idea."

"We'd need to get Moony on board, he's the idea man," the dark-haired boy sighed as he tossed the cigarette butt onto the snow and held out a hand for another one. Victor rolled his eyes but handed him another one nonetheless.

"Oi!" a new voice rounded the corner, it was William Alexander — a boy in their year who happened to be the Slytherin prefect, "Where'd you get those? I should confiscate them! Or report you!"

"If you want one, you can just ask, Billy," Victor scoffed tiredly as he handed the curly-haired boy one who immediately placed it between his lips.