Chapter 1 - A Big Building Discovery

Emma's POV: 

I gasped. 

We had done it. 

We finally had gotten away from that hell fire we were living in. 

I looked at Ray while hot sweat was trickling down my forehead. I smiled and looked forward. "We did it Ray. We did it." I panted out. "Lets head a bit forward, I hear some cars in the distance probably about a mile away, if we get everyone there fast, I bet we'll hit a city and get somewhere to stay" Ray called out. Now that he mentioned it, I could hear the faint sound of cars. 

I looked at him and nodded as he did the same. I turned around to face everyone, determination was all over my face "Alright everyone! Just a few more ways to go and we'll hit lots of people! Lets move everyone!" I exclaimed. Everyone started cheering as we started running even faster than when we were sprinting in the forest away from Mom. Mom... I wonder how she is now will Phil and everyone els- No! Emma stop! Focus on protecting everyone else!

                                                                                    ------Time skip------

Talking could be heard. I started seeing tall buildings grow taller. I kept running faster, until my foot with a piece of stone and I went tumbling down. "Emma!" I hear Don, Ray and the others shout. I keep rolling down a hill we apparently were on but quickly stopped myself. I look in front of me to see small buildings and one tall structure that was in the shape of an H almost. 

"Guys! Come quick!" I yelled, not looking away from the breathtaking scene. Everyone starts coming down as gasps start to be led out of their mouths. "Lets hurry there! There might be people inside that tall building!" Don said "It could be the one place that could give us a home!" 

I turn to him and nod. "Just. A bit further...." 

We continued to walk for a good mile, our breathe was quick and rapid as we were pouring buckets of sweat. We stared at the building, "Its beautiful...." Gilda gasped out. We all nodded in agreement. "Lets head inside. Help's in there!" Don yelled "you guys stay out here okay" I told the little ones "Okay Emma!" They replied. Don, Gilda, Ray and I started running though the gate. Right as all of us passed the gate, alarms sounded. I turned around to head back to the little kids but dark gray doors closed is in. I started freaking out along with Gilda. 

Suddenly, I see a mist coming at us. Is there... some type of blueberry pie in there? 

I took a sniff of the purple (I think?) mist. "woah...." I felt so tired all of a sudden, my vision started getting blurry as I see Gilda fall to the ground along with Ray and Don. I slowly start to join them as my vision blacks out. 

Thank you for reading this so far! Sorry if it's so short! Who would you like for the 4 of them to meet first in Class 1-A? 

Words: 514