*.+Out with It+.*

But you couldn't spot him anywhere. All you noticed was a white van, with curtains over the windows, starting its engine.

.

.

.

"No, no, no, no-" You sprinted towards it, but a familiar voice stopped you dead in your tracks. "Whatcha doing~?" You turned around to see the detective standing, alive and well, right in front of the stairs to your house. He cocked his head, "I was behind the apartment looking at the candy store over the-" He was cut up when you threw yourself at him. Wrapping your arms around him, you squeezed as though letting go meant losing him forever. "Hey hey aren't you moving a bit fast, I've only known you for..." He trailed off as your tears soaked through his jacket. "Wh- why are you crying?" 

. . .

"Hey why'd you run out like that?" Atsushi tripped down the steps with messy hair, although he paused when he saw you sobbing in Ranpo's arms. "Are you ok?!" Ranpo led you inside, placing you on the couch and sitting down next to you. Your eyes were probably swollen, you must've looked like a mess, but that didn't stop him from running his fingers through your hair, and rubbing comforting circles on your back. "I'm not going to ask. You can tell me- us, when you're good and ready." You sniffed, nodding, and stumbled to the bathroom. Rinsing your face, you picked up your backpack, which Atsushi immediately grabbed and carried for you, and began to walk back. The sun was setting overhead, and it brushed the sky with fiery hues like a huge majestic painting.

. . .

You groaned inwardly at the awkward silence. This is all my fault for overreacting. I should apolo- "Don't beat yourself up about this, (Y/n). I know something happened that made you act this way. So let's not dwell on it, kay?" Your eyes widened in surprise, and you gratefully nodded. Turning to Atsushi, you asked, "You have my cat right?" Atsushi scrunched up his forehead. "Your what?"

.

.

Chapter 3, fin. Favorite food? I like flan, mangoes, and a specific brand of microwaveable taquitos- ludicrous, i know.