*.+ Together +.*

This is an important note! I have written all the final chapters of this book, and will probably post weekly updates until they are all out. Thank you for sticking with me thus far and continuing to read this book even though i've ghosted you all like three times <3

"...Pardon?" He snickered at the sight of your dumbfounded expression; "I'm not kidding, you know. I love you. I want to hold you, and kiss you, and protect you, and be with you forever, even if our intellects don't stand on equal ground. You are all the things I lack, and I feel complete when we're together."

You searched for something to say, alas, your mind was as blank as a canvas. How could this little detective, who could probably solve any mystery and get anyone in the world to love, choose you  of all people? And how could you go with him when he didn't even know about your ability?

. . .

"I love you too." Dammit, that slipped out- There wasn't any point in hiding it, and when the ultimate treasure was finally within reach, it was impossible to refuse. He placed his hands on your cheeks, clasping you face between his hands; his touch was feather-light, and the kiss he pressed against your lips was no different.

As the source of your misery was the ability you were chained to, this man in front of you was like an angel, lifting you from the dark and uncertain to a warmer, brighter place. It was pure bliss, and there wasn't a single thing that could bring you down. It felt as though the Devil was speaking, but he was far away and not a single word could be made out.

. . .

He was the one you were looking for.

The one who could ease your ability to the point where perhaps, the life you have could be normal. At the very least, a life where your thoughts were your own. He kissed you again, smiling when you opened your eyes. A kiss against the tip of your nose, another on your cheek, another on your hand. You laughed at the last one, feeling giddy from the serotonin.

He grabbed your hand and lifted you up. "Let's go out, together!" You followed him, gods you would follow him anywhere, everywhere. You wanted to go everywhere with him. The grass outside seemed greener, the sky a brighter blue. The sound of the city was like abstract music, rather than a painful cacophony. 

. . .

You followed him to a cafe, and then to a garden where he named every flower you passed by. The day was bright, but the breeze cooled it down to the point where it was perfect for a walk. Down the pier, across the town, through the shopping district. If you could walk there, you did. He filled the time talking, and you talked too, about all kinds of things.

None of it was meaningful, but it was the experience of talking that really felt nice. His voice was soothing, yet every compliment he gave you sent the butterflies into a frenzy. It was truly a day you could treasure forever. Hand in hand, you lead the way back to the ADA dormitory. Ranpo stopped to pick a flower, tucking it behind your ear as you beamed at him.

. . .

It was quite possibly the best time of your life, to be honest. There wasn't any room for negative thoughts, or perhaps they had all been pushed away with the Devil. Regardless, it was refreshing, and your head was clear if not full of love. Enamored with with the idea of every day being like this with him, you let him lead the way to your room, and you lay on the bed next to him.

Breathless, yet totally relaxed; this entire day felt like a paradox. His fingers danced over yours, as he played with your hand, and you hummed as you ran yours through his hair with your other hand. If every day was like this, perhaps love wouldn't be a mistake this time.

.

.

.

hey bbs, ya boi sol back and better than ever <3

Next update: *.+ Danger +.*