+.*Master Detective*.+

(A/n) This is something I'm going to work really hard on! I want it to have a bright future ;u; so please, if you have any constructive criticism, G i v e i t t o m e. Thanks and bye~

The Port Mafia was a ruthless underground organization where only the worst of the worst move up the ladder. They were always looking for new recruits, from arsonists, to hitmen, to assassins. All that mattered in their world was strength. So "Why did they set their sights on one (Y/n) (L/n), with an ability that holds no combat potential and no bounty?" A tall man with dirty blonde hair paced around in front of you, as you fiddled with your fingers. "Kunikida, I-" He slammed a hand down on the mahogany table as the office door creaked open, and a man with wavy chestnut strands tiptoed around the table. "And you, Dazai. Why are you late, again?"

.^._.^.earlier that day.^._.^.

You trailed along the cobbled road past your small apartment. There was a light breeze tickling your cheeks, and the morning sun warmed your face. It was truly a perfect day for a light jog. It was the type of day that could carry away your problems, as easily as the dandelion seeds on the wind. At least, it was, until the crumbling stone wall in front of you exploded. You felt the sheer force of it throw you back, as though you had just been backhanded by a giant. The ringing filled your ears, deafening any other noises that might've echoed around you. Your back struck something softer than the ground, and, squeezing your eyes shut, you felt fur tickle your arm. The harsh ringing faded and your vision cleared to reveal the beautiful purple-yellow eyes of a white haired boy, who stared down at you. His eyes widened as you lifted a hand to poke his cheek. Soft... "You have... pretty eyes." After saying this, you promptly passed out.

. . .

"hey.... hey.... HEY-" You shot up, colliding into the face of someone who had been leaning over your supine body. "OW!" You groaned, clutching your pounding forehead. There were beads of sweat dripping down your face, and your skin was uncomfortably sticky and dusted with ash. "Wh- Wh- Where am I...?" You looked around the sparsely furnished room, and then down at a boy who had collapsed in your lap. His beige cap had fallen off, and he wore an inverness cape of the same shade. You tentatively reached out and rubbed his raven locks. "Are you... ok?" He popped up, revealing sleepy eyes and a cocky grin. "I could ask you the same th-" He hesitated when he saw your face. "What is it?" He leaned towards you, opening his eyes... and stealing your breath away. His intense emerald orbs pierced straight into your soul, as though they were probing your innermost secrets. Feeling vulnerable and shaky, you held eye contact, wondering whether you could even attempt to struggle against his vehement gaze. 

(a/n) comment your eye color so I can practice describing eyes.

"Are they awake yet, Ranpo?" The pearly-haired boy from earlier padded into the room. He stopped short as your focus snapped to him, but 'Ranpo' kept staring at you. "Psst," you hissed at the new arrival, "Why is he staring at me? Where am I? What's going on?" He scratched his neck awkwardly and sighed. "I'm not the best person to ask..." Silence settled on the scene like the ash from your hair. Ranpo hadn't looked away, and you let out an irked sigh. Facing him, you reached out and poked him in the nose. "Ranpo, right?" He blinked, closing his eyes again. "Yup, that's me! Ranpo Edogawa, master detective!" He whipped a lollipop out of his pocket and ran his tongue along its sticky-sweet surface. 

. . .

Realizing you were staring, you pulled the sheets off your figure and immediately yanked them back up. You saw a flash of green from the detective. Was Ranpo looking...? "H-Hey why am I in only m-my underwear?" The frazzled boy, who introduced himself as Atsushi, turned bright red. "I- I- I'm s- sorry that's how ou- our doctor works..." You felt something smooth trace your bare shoulder blades, and let out a squeak, spinning around to see a man with tousled hair smiling at you. "I didn't know they would be this pretty~Would you be willing to join me in a double-" He didn't get to finish his sentence as yet another man showed up, hitting the flirt square in the face with a small book. "How many times must I do this, WHY CAN'T YOU STAY PROFESSIONAL?!" As they bickered, you turned back to Ranpo, who held his hat squarely in front of his face. "Uhm... Why are you holding your hat like that...?" 

. . .

He held up a finger, and then pointed down at you. You had let go of the sheets, much to your chagrin, exposing your completely bare torso and a dangerously low view of your waistline. Screeching, you pulled the sheets back up. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry!" Ranpo smiled, "It's fine. After all, you're not bad looking anyway." You exhaled in relief. "that's good... wait... wHAT?!"

.

.

.

chapter 1, fin.

Who is your favorite BSD character? I'm a Ranpo simp through and through ;))) We won't talk about how Atsushi passed out when you dropped the sheets :)