eleven

"wait, since when did you like him?"

makki shrugged as he put on a shirt. "probably since i've met him but i've only now realized it."

"you going to tell him?"

"don't know, don't care," makki says, heading out with terushima giving him a disappointing look.

today was the day spring festival so all of the boys are pretty excited. so far, makki as enjoyed this trip a lot. usually when he goes to tokyo, it was to visit his mom so this is the first time he went actually for vacation.

downstairs, mattsun was talking to kuroo while akaashi and kenma were in the living room, playing some video games.

"where did oikawa and iwaizumi go?"

mattsun looked up and greeted makki. "morning princess, the couple is still sleeping so me and kuroo are planning on how to wake them up."

"just pour water on them," kenma says, still focus on the game in front of him.

"or leave them be, y'all weird," said akaashi, making the four boys laugh.

"hey kaashi, when are you and terushima gonna get together?" ask kuroo, pouring himself a cup of orange juice. "i mean, you guys are already at the holding hands and kissing stage,"

akaashi shrugged and set the controller down. "when the time is right, i'll ask him out."

"what if he asks you out first?"

"well then, i guess we can start dating."

makki was curious about something so he decided that this was the chance the ask akaashi. "say, how did two of you meet?"

"huh, has terushima never told you?"

makki shook his head. "he's mentioned you a few times ever since last spring but never told us major things,"

"we met because i slid into his dms on instagram,"

complete silence.

"say what now,"

akaashi was confused by how surprised they all look. "what? did you guys not know that or something?"

"okay one, i thought you guys met/started talking during christmas because that was the last time he visited." mattsun says, holding one finger up. he then held up a second finger. "and two, i thought terushima made the first move."

kuroo nods his head in agreement. "yeah, i thought terushima commented something on your post and you guys were flirting in the comments?"

akaashi let out a scoff, getting up from where he was sitting and went up to kuroo, flicking his forehead.

"ow! the fuck was that for?"

"for being annoying," he responded, waving his hand and going up the stairs. "i'm going to check up on terushima."

"don't start fucking on the bed please," makki yelled out, making the setter flip him off.

kuroo went over to kenma and gave his boyfriend a kiss. "do you need something?"

"no, not really,"

makki rolls his eyes at them, a little jealous since he was single. mattsun called him over, asking for help with something.

the day passed by pretty quickly and soon, the sun was setting and the eight boys were getting ready for the spring festival that was happening.

all were dressed up decently nice and decided to head out.

the festival was already packed with people. the eight boys agreed to go in pairs and then to meet up near the ferris wheel in about two to three hours.

well, this was mostly an excuse for the couples to hangout with another.

leaving makki and mattsun alone.

mattsun lets out a sigh, walking next to makki and looking around at the stands. "so, what do you wanna do first..." he began to trail off.

makki wasn't looking at mattsun, he was more of looking around nervously. the middle blocker noticed how he was staying insanely close to him.

so instead, mattsun took makki's hand — to his surprise — and started to lead the wing spiker to a less crowded area.

"this area isn't as crowded so let's find something to do here,"

"uh what do you wanna do?"

mattsun looked around to see if any of the game stands caught his eye and sure enough, there was one that did.

"i wanna play that one," he says, pointing at a basketball one.

"hm? you play basketball?"

"just a tiny bit," mattsun says, dragging makki over since he was pretty excited.

"so, wanna make a bet out of this?" makki provoked.

"best out of three?"

"you are so on."

"don't talk to me,"

mattsun laughs. "you were the one who wanted to go against me!"

"okay i'm sorry i didn't know you were a fucking basketball prodigy."

"oh my god, i'm not!"

"then why are you so good, huh?"

"because i played when i was younger,"

"bullshit,"

the two boys were walking along the edge of the lake at the park, arguing because makki was a little petty of how good mattsun was at basketball. in the end, the middle blocker won all three tries, winning a big dinosaur plushie. he gave it to makki as a sorry gift, which the wing spiker gladly accepted.

"are we staying for the fireworks today?" makki asks, going to the popsicle stand and buying two.

mattsun took the popsicle and opened the packaging. "yeah, that's the plan at least,"

they spent most of the evening playing games and buying food to eat. they also ran into a few of mattsun's friends like lev and yaku and bokuto and konoha.

"volleyball season is officially starting after break, you excited?" mattsun asked.

makki nods his head. "i'm way more than excited because i'll going up against you, mr. middle blocker,"

"don't mess up if i flirt you front line," he winks, with makki lightly shoving him to the side.

they got to the top of the stairs since they wanted a good spot to watch the fireworks.

after just a few minutes of waiting, the show has begun. makki doesn't get to see fireworks often so his eyes stayed glued to the sky that was filled with smoke and color.

mattsun thought it was cute on how excited makki was just for some fireworks. this side of makki makes mattsun's heart tingle a little.

his eyes trialed down to makki's lips.

without thinking, the middle blocker bent down and kissed makki.

on the cue, a pink heart shaped firework appeared above them.

[unedited]

yayayayay

lol sorry for the cliffhanger

b u t

yeah this book is slowly ending and it's making me sad </3

but stay tune because i have another book coming out after this one is complete and it's about a ship in this one

yes, they will be crossing over😋😋

~ pudding xx.