five

"c'mon, makki!" oikawa yelled. "or we're gonna leave without you!"

makki rolled his eyes but laughed as he ran across the school hall, with his skateboarding in his hand. the four of them were all at the front gate, with their skateboards. it's friday and that means the weekend.

the four were all just walking to the boba shop that wasn't far from the school. they got to the shop, taking their usual order and sitting at their usual table. "spring break is coming up," oikawa said, breaking the small silence.

"yeah, you know what you guys are doing?" asks iwaizumi, with all of them shaking their heads in response.

"you guys wanna go to tokyo for spring break?" makki asked them, taking a sip from his drink.

"tokyo? hell yeah, i'm down." says terushima.

"i mean, we got nothing better to do, so why not." smiles iwaizumi.

{kawakawa)

makkimakki
WE GOING TO TOKYO FOR SPRING BREAK

kawakawa
DEADASS?
HOLY SHIT YES
THIS YEAR MIGHT BE MY FAVORITE SPRING BREAK
IT WONT JUST BE KUROO ANNOYING ME

makkimakki
AND WE'RE GONNA GO AGAINST EACH OTHER
IN LIKE MID APRIL
BRUH WANNA GET BOBA WHEN I VISIT?

kawakawa
FUCK YEAH
WANNA GO TO RANDOM SEVEN ELEVENS AT MIDNIGHT AND SKATEBOARD AROUND THE CITY WHEN ITS LIKE FOUR A.M

makkimakki
THATS A WHOLE FUCKING VIBE
AND DATE
OMG
MATTSUN
IS THIS A DATE?
🥺👉👈

kawakawa
YESSIR IT IS😤
THERES SO MANY GOOD PLACES IN TOKYO FOR DATES
WE SHOULD GO ON ONE DOSMXKSM
WITH TERUSHIMA, AKAASHI, OIKAWA, IWAIZUMI, KUROO, AND KENMA
WE FINNA BE THIRD WHEELING ALL OF THEM THO
BUT ITS GOOD

makkimakki
BROO MEGA BET
WAITWAIT YOU SKATEBOARD??
WTF I DIDNT KNOW THIS

kawakawa
YEAH LOL
HOW DO YOU THINK TERUSHIMA KNOWS
I WAS THE ONE WHO TAUGHT HIM

makkimakki
WTF I DIDNT KNOW THAT
I THOUGHT TERUSHIMA WAS JUST GOOD

"makki, stop texting mattsun and listen to our conversation," terushima whines, flicking makki's forehead.

makki set his phone down, pouting at the blonde. "fine,"

"yo, terushima?"

terushima looked over to iwaizumi. "yeah?"

"how's it going at home? makki said you went over to his house last week." iwaizumi asks, worried.

terushima sighed and leaned back on his chair. "the usual, y'know. my parents fighting over something dumb and stupid while my sister is never home."

"you sure they're going to get a divorce?" asks oikawa.

the blonde nods his head and took a sip of his drink. "probably after i graduate,"

the four friends stayed at the shop for another thirty minutes before leaving. they all got on their skateboards and skated down the streets of miyagi.

the sun was setting behind them, making the sky pink, purple, blue, and red. makki turned around to see terushima filming the sunset and them as the were skating down the road.

this made makki smile. for as long as he knew terushima, he was always happy but he knew terushima was broken and sad when he got home. his parents have been fighting since his last year of middle school and they haven't stopped since.

but lately, makki can tell that terushima was genuinely happy with his life. the blonde hasn't faked a smile in almost a month. makki knows this because when terushima fake smiles, his dimple doesn't show but when he's genuinely smiling, a deep dimple would form on both of his cheeks.

things have been better lately, makki can just feel it.

not a lot of matsuhana interaction but next chapter !

~C.