29

Accident

Mabilis na lumipas ang mga buwan and this month, Aeri will give birth to our first baby girl. Lately, she really became more moody and sensitive. Konting kibo magagalit, maya maya biglang iiyak kala mo inapi. 

Pero okay lang, I understand. Besides, her due date is coming so she won't be suffering anymore. We will meet our first baby in the family in a few and I know that everybody, including me and Aeri were excited and we can't wait to meet her.

"Love, I'm hungry. Can you cook for me, please?" Tinapik ako ni Aeri sa balikat. I'm laying on our bed while she is seating beside me. I was too lazy to get up because I'm so sleepy. But then, I have to get up because it's almost dinner time and Aeri needs to eat.

"What do you want tonight, love?" Tanong ko. She acted like she is thinking deeply while her pointer finger is on her chin while her other hand is on her tummy, gently rubbing her bump.

"Hmm... what do you want to eat, baby?" she asked the baby inside her tummy.

"Tell mommy what food you want baby. Daddy will make or get it for you." I said. Lumapit ako tsaka hinawakan ang tyan ni Aeri.

"Ah! I know na! We want your special chicken adobo with rice, love. And of course, mangoes." Aeri said. She's so cute.

"Of course, you won't forget about the mangoes. I'll just cook your dinner, okay? Just call me when you need something, love." I leaned to give her a peck before I stepped out of the room.

Lately, she's into mangoes. Hilaw or hinog man 'yan, kahit gaano kaasim kakainin niya pa rin. I cooked her food while Mommy Thena is helping me. 

"Love kain na po." Tawag ko sa kanya nang maluto ang nirequest niya.

"Luto mo 'to?" she asked.

"Yes, Love. Bakit?"

"Eh bakit kalasa nung kay Mommy?" 

"Ah, eh kasi love, tinulungan ako ni Mommy Thena. You know naman that I am still learning to cook, right?"

"Ayoko niyan, Gusto ko luto mo!!!" She complained. She's mad now.

"Okay, sorry, Love. I'll cook again. And this time, ako lang ang magluluto hindi ako magpapatulong kay Mommy."

"Aeri, eat your mangoes na lang muna while you wait for your adobo." Alu ni Mommy Thena.

Nagpunta na ako sa kitchen para magsimula muli magluto.

"Hay nako, grabe si Aeri, 'nak. Buti na lang hindi ganyan si Thena nung pinagbubuntis niya si Aeri. Jusko, suko ako non." Si Daddy Troy.

"Opo eh. Pero okay lang, dad. As long as she is happy I'll be happy. And besides, I'll do everything for them."