|Chapter 17 | A mission |

Start from the beginning

"You make a light spell!" Dipper hissed but kept his voice down.

Dipper would die before admitting it, but he was afraid of the dark. Yes, a kid who has seen blood and violence since he was eight and still somehow kept some of his sanity is afraid of the dark.

And Bill knew that so of course he would make a remark on it.

"Aww are you still afraid of the dark?" Bill teased.

"Shut up Bill!" Dipper told him but still squeezed his hand even harder as they turned around a dark corner.

Soon they reached a crimson red door which Bill opened. Inside were a few demons that didn't look tired at all. Well, that was probably because demons don't sleep in the first place.

Inside the room of strangers Dipper recognized one purple demon, it was Tad in his human form.

"Oh, hey Tad." Dipper greeted him.

"Nice to see you Dipper." Tad smiled his usual smile. Bill talked with one of the demons about something before clearing his throat and turning to Dipper.

"Pinetree um... can you... do me a favor?" Bill looked like he didn't know how to start.

"Favor? Since when are you doing favors Bill?" Dipper tilted his head and grinned.

"Well, you see... I have a problem with some... particular meatsacks." Bill said.

"Okay, why did you wake me in the middle of the night?"

"I need you to help me stop them." Bill's face was expressionless, and Dipper couldn't tell if he was joking.

"The humans? You can't stop some humans?" Dipper laughed but to his surprise Bill wasn't joking.

"Pinetree these humans they... you know Sixer? The author of the journals? And you know he is a big threat?" Dipper nodded.

"Yes I know that but isn't he dead?" Dipper asked.

"That's what I thought too but... he is back. In this dimension too."

"And what do you want me to do?"

"Sixer's real name is Stanford Pines." Bill said and Dipper's eyes widen.

"W-What?! Grunkle Stan is the author?!" Stan had only told Dipper his fake name.

"Huh? No, of course not." Bill looked at Dipper like he was an alien. "His brother is the author."

Dipper still wasn't relieved. Someone from his family was his biggest enemy now. But then again, his family has always been his enemy.

"Again, what do you want me to do?" Dipper repeated his question.

"I want you to do what I have taught you to do best, you just need to lie your way in their trust, learn about their plan and then afterwards backstab them." Bill smiled.

"You want me to... go down there?" Bill nodded. "And pretend I am one of them?" Bill nodded once more. "No way! I am not going back!"

"Listen Dipper, we are very desperate you see. The Pines have found a spell to keep us away and we basically can't touch them and that was before that 'Sixer' got in the game." Tad stepped in.

"Wait 'the Pines'? So, I need to go see my whole family again?!" Dipper's eyes widen in fear and slight disgust.

"Please Dipper, you must understand what kind of situation we are in. We need these humans gone." Tad explained.

"Bill!" Dipper desperately turned towards Bill. "You promised you would never let me go there again! You said I would never have to see their faces!"

"Look Pinetree we really need this, okay? And just think about it, it shouldn't be so hard. Just see it as practice for your lying skills." Bill said. "Don't dwell on the fact that they are your family, and you hate them. Because you hate them will even make it easier for you to stab them in the back."