The Robot Whacks My Butt

Mike awoke startled. His head hurt. The surroundings were dim, there were a few small lights illuminating the room. The room had metal walls, a small thing that looked like a keypad, and the ground was hard. The room was in the shape of a giant cube, and there was a blinking red alarm button. 

Mike was confused. Or more importantly, he did not know what happened. All he remembered was that he was called Mike. That was it. He tried to search through his memories, but no luck. 

"Initiating training sequence." 

A feminine robotic voice erupted from the speakers on the ceiling. Lights flickered on and Mike could finally see what was happening. The surroundings were plated with iron, just iron, and the room looked about 10 meters wide and long. It was perfectly square. Suddenly, a wall on Mike's left slid open and walked in a robot. It was about 2 meters tall, he had a sleek and thick metal chest plate and arm and leg armour. 

Mike got closer to study the robot but the robot's hand moved and punched Mike in the nose. He was knocked back into the other wall. The robot ran to him again and lunged at him. Mike was too slow, probably due to his grogginess, and the robot punched him square in the chest. 

Mike wheezed and sat down. He could barely breathe. The robot came at him again and uppercut him, and Mike was tossed into the wall like a rag doll. 

"Alright." Mike winced, and got ready for the robot's next punch. Very much, he calculated it was 7 seconds between punches and he sidestepped the punch just in time. The robot instead slammed it's fist in the wall and made a dent. Mike then ran to the left and the robot lunged at him again. His eyes focused and at the right moment, he sidestepped the robot punch, grabbed the robot's free arm, and wrenched it between his leg. The arm got ripped off clean, and sparks erupted. 

Mike's eyes widened. How did he do that? Of course, the stupid robot did not let him to stop and think and charged. Mike sidestepped, but the robot learned and punched to the right. His punch connected with the left cheek of Mike's butt. 

"OW!" Mike screamed. He was angry now. The robot charged yet again but this time Mike was prepared. He jumped the right moment when the robot charged and twisted the neck of the clunking piece of metal crap. The robot, as he expected, stopped and clumped to the ground.

"Well done. Very well done." 

Mike's head darted to the sound. There was a lady-A lady in full brown. Her skin was brown, her face was brown, and she smelled like dirt. 

"Who are you? Where am I?" Mike asked.

"I am your mother. You are my champion."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

[April 29, 2017, 1200 Hours, Camp Half-Blood]

Bryan awoke to a sound of a drum. He scanned his surroundings. He was in a bench, a wooden bench, and there was kids all around, in orange t-shirts. Then he remembered. Bryan shot to his feet.

"Where's Will and Nico? Where's Mike?" 

A girl stopped from her chit-chat and looked at Bryan. 

"New camper, eh? Come. I'll show you around."

Bryan followed the girl. She had sleek black hair, and she looked Asian.

"I'm Drew." she said.

Bryan sheepishly waved.

"Do you know about demigods?" she asked.

Bryan nodded.

"Then, at here, Camp Half-Blood, there are a bunch of cabins for different gods, we recently made a huge expansion, normally your godly parent gets determined and then you get put in the cabin associated with your mother or father."

"I never saw my father...." Bryan said.

"Great, your godly parent is a male. Do you have a phone?"

"Yes. It's in my pocket." Bryan took his phone out.

Drew's eyes widened. She grabbed the phone and threw it at the nearest wooden house. 

"Wh-"

"Shh. Phones attract monsters."

Later that day, he was exploring camp and met up with Will and Nico. They told him that Mike disappeared, without a trace.

That night, when the entire camp was burning s'mores, something weird happened.

Bryan was sitting on a wooden log, holding his long stick burning a jumbo marshmallow. He had got along well with Cecil Markowitz, and was sitting next to him.

Chiron, the camp director and not to mention a centaur, yelled.

"Tomorrow, we will have our capture the flag game."

That got a collective cheer from the crowd.

"The hunters will be joining"

That got a huge groan and a few curses.

"And as Lou Ellen requested, Reyna Ramirez-Arellano will not be joining."

That got a even bigger cheer. Cecil grinned at Bryan.

"At least your first game won't be that hard for you."

"Who's the Reyna person? She seems to be special."

Cecil winced. "The best capture the flag player of all time."

Bryan nodded slowly.

"And also, we had three new campers today." Chiron continued.

"Keira Lane from Palo Alto, Evelyn Millers- she's eight- from Palo Alto, and- Bryan Kowalski from Palo Alto? Oh well."

At the mention of his name, a bright light emtted from the top of Bryan's head. A small planet in the bottom left, and a big planet of the right. It was shaded slightly turqouise, and everybody looked at him in wonder, even Chiron. 

"All... All hail Bryan Kowalski, son of Astraeus, the god of Planets, watcher of the Solar System, governor of Space."