"Are you okay? Where have you been? You didn't think to call?" and other questions, but I didn't have time to answer them all and I was starting to get a headache. I just went past them all and headed upstairs in my room and locked the door so no one can get in. I jump on to my bed and scream into my pillow for some relief. It just has been a crazy birthday for me and I have to let it out somehow. I found out my boyfriend, well ex-boyfriend, wasn't my mate that I thought I was for years now. My real mate, who is a girl that is from the enemy pack and doesn't want me, and I still don't know her name or what she looks like. All I know is that she smells like warm chocolate chip cookies that just came out of the oven. I do one last scream into my pillow then get up and go take a needed shower. I just stand in the shower and wait for it to be at the right temperature. I strip down out of my clothes then get into the shower. I just stand in the shower while I let the hot water hit me. After a minute I finally decided to wash myself then get out of the shower. I dry off and go to my closet to change into a plain white shirt and some grey sweatpants. I don't really care what I wear right now or how I look with everything going on. I put all my school stuff in my backpack and head downstairs. About halfway downstairs I realize that my mate's clothes are still outside in the bush. I need to get them before someone smells them and start to question my family. I quickly go back upstairs and into my room then go to my window. I open my window than looking down to see the bush. Without a second thought, I jump out of my second-story window with ease and land on the ground. I am happy there are no windows in front of the bush because I would get into so much trouble if they saw me. I grab her clothes and go to the tree that is next to my house and climb up it. There is a breach that is near my window, I slowly made my way on the breach and somehow got into my room without making too much noise. I quickly threw her clothes into my closet hoping my scent would cover hers. I make my way back down the stairs where everyone is waiting for me.

"Okay ask away" I say putting my backpack on the ground and sitting on a chair.

"Oh my gosh sweetie, we were worried sick about you! Are you okay?" my mom asked. Before I can even come up with an answer, I get another question.

"Are you hurt?" my dad said and yet again I get another question.

"Why didn't you call me?" Dakota says.

"Do you guys want me to answer your questions or just ask me more questions?" I say a little annoyed. They all say 'answer' quickly to themselves, well everyone but Rudi who is in the corner lending against the wall not looking at me.

"Well to answer your questions. Yes, I am okay. I am sorry that I just left without saying anything to anyone. I just wanted time alone, and don't worry I am not hurt. Thank you guys for caring so much. I won't do that ever again" I say and give them all hugs expect for Rudi who is still in the corner.

"It is okay sweetie, we understand but of course we are going to worry too" my mom says then kisses me on top of my head.

"Now kids, it is time for you guys to go to school before you guys are late" my dad says. We all laugh a little and go and grab our backs. I get my keys while Rudi, Tobey, and Dakota all go to the cars. Rudi and Tobey always ride together and the same thing goes for Dakota and I. I grab my keys and put my backpack on then give my parents a big hug.

"Bye guys, I will see you after school" I say and wave at them while I am walking out the door. I lock the door and turn around to see Rudi right in front of me.

"Gosh Rudi! You scared me" I say while holding my chest.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to but I just wanted to talk for a second" he says looking at me to say yes.

"Sure" I say.

"Great. Look I am sorry that we are not mates. I really want us to be, I mean we both that we were," he looks down "I am just upset and sad about it, but I still want us to be friends" he says while looking up at me.

"Of course we can be friends. I mean we have been friends for most of our lives anyway" I say while giving him a hug. The funny thing is that I feel nothing. No feelings are coming back, and the only thing I can think of is being back in my mates arm.

"We should probably go," I say while getting out of the hug and walk to my car where Dakota is waiting for me. I unlock my car and get in.

"Finally! I was waiting out here forever" Dakota says over dramatically.

"Girl please it was only for a few minutes" I say and we both laugh. I put my seat belt on and waited for Rudi to pull out of my driveway.

"So since we are finally alone, are you going to tell me what really happened? I can tell that something is up. And before you say that there is nothing wrong, I know it is a lie because I am your best friend Tala" Dakota says seriously to me. I sigh.

"Okay I will tell you later, maybe after school" I say hoping she gives me enough time for me to understand what is happening too.

"Alright, but you better tell me" Dakota says.

"I will, I promise" I say, holding my pinkie up, and then Dakota crossing it with her pinkie. We finally get to school and park in our usual spot. We get out and before we all meet up Dakota and I go to our lockers. We go to Dakota's first then mine. We get to my locker and Dakota is talking about the basketball game that is coming up. I was listening and about to open my locker, but then I could smell my mate. I know she is close so I turn my head and I see my mate kissing Koko on the lips. 

Thanks for reading!!! Please vote!!!