Chapter 2

"Don't let me ask again! Who are you and what are you doing on my land" she growls at me. I am not going to lie and I can say that I am absolutely terrified, but at the same time I am not. I go down on my hands and knees then bow my head in respect. I peak to see the alpha's face wondering if her face matches her beautiful voice, but I can only see the shadow that is cast over her face. I can kind of see the warm light brown eyes that are glowing just a little bit. If I had the chance, I could just stare into her eyes all day. I'm taken out of my thoughts when she starts mumbling to herself, I guess she didn't know she was talking out loud, but I find it really cute and adorable, then I smile to myself. It looks like she is trying to understand what her wolf is feeling.

"Get up on your feet mutt" she said and I got up slowly without making eye contact with her. I was taught that looking directly in the eye of a ranked wolf in another pack is disrespectful.

"Why do you smell like apple cinnamon?" she said and I was very confused with the question. I then sniffed myself and didn't smell apple cinnamon on me, but all I could really smell was those chocolate chip cookies too. Since I don't smell the apple cinnamon, I just shrug. She then growls at me.

"Look at me when I talk to you" she growled out, and I look up into her eyes.

"Mate"

"Mate" we both say at the same time. I am smiling wide while my wolf is very excited that we have found our mates. Then that all changed when the alpha let out an upsetting howl. 'Was I that ugly? Am I the reason why she is upset?' I told myself. Then she starts to pace back and forward.

"I can't believe that you are my mate. You are a female, not ranked, and you are from the Dark Moon Pack, an enemy pack. All the worst things that could have happened to me, have just happened. Man my luck sucks" she says and continues to talk, and at this point I know she is talking but my wolf and I are too heartbroken. Our mate, that one that is supposed to love us unconditionally, is regretting having us as a mate. I can feel my wolf being extremely sad and starting to close herself off, and I can't stop her because I am feeling the same way. I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard a big thump. I look around and I see my mate, which I still don't know the name of or what she looks like, punishing a tree. I guess she has some anger issues. Then I can hear her mumble something about her dad, but I didn't really understand what she was talking about. All the sadness is just getting to me at this point, so I dropped on my knees and started to cry. The next thing I know, I am being held and felt so much safer. My wolf is also feeling better, but I am still crying. I am just in my mate's arms crying my eyes out. After who knows how long, I stopped crying because I ran out of tears and couldn't cry anymore because. If I still had some water in me, I would have been still crying. Now I am emotionally and physically drained from this crazy, wild night and my eyes start to feel heavy and my body starts to shut down. I try my best to stay awake and spend as much time I can with my mate because this can be the last time that I get to be in her arms, but finally sleep wins and I start to fall asleep. The last thing that I remember is my mate petting and rubbing my hair while rocking me to sleep to her lightly singing with her beautiful voice.

The next thing I know, I am waking up in front of my pack house. I sigh realizing that I need to walk all the way to my house naked. The pack house is where the alpha, beta, gamma, their mates, and their children live. All the other pack members live off-site in neighborhoods that are nearby. We come to the pack house for meets, training, balls, or anything important that the alpha wants us in the house. I am not mad at my mate because I know that she did her best to get me as close to home as possible. She doesn't know where I live and it is not possible for her to go up to my pack house without getting her head cut off for being in Nightshade. I start to get up and realize that I am not naked but wearing clothes, my mate's clothes to be exact. I take one big sniff of them and smile because I smell the warm chocolate chip cookies, it is an amazing scent. I slowly start to walk home not wanting to deal with my family because I have been out all night and not even called or texted them. I get to my house and about to walk up to the door when I realize that I am still wearing my mate's clothes. I know that I am going to get a lot more questions with these on, so I went to the bush that is right underneath my window. I normally keep a change of clothes for nights when I am out and don't bring any clothes. I take off the clothes and throw them into the bush hoping that no one will smell them before I get a chance to move them. I rub my own clothes on me before I put them on so that they won't smell my mate that much and mostly me. Once I put my clothes on, I take a deep breath and go inside. Right away I can see mom, dad, Dakota, Tobey, and Rubi sitting in the front, but once they see me they all jump up and start asking me so many questions. They are all asking the same questions.