c h a p t e r - t h i r t y

Start from the beginning

"And you don't have to worry about anything now," Aayrah said with a wide smile. Chirag chuckled along with Shivansh and Ahana.

"I know that well, bunny," he said and ruffled Aayrah's hair. She frowned and started adjusting them again. Chirag sighed and spoke again, "I am not great with goodbyes so I won't be saying any. Just 730 days and I will be back."

"I hope so," Shivansh said.

"Cheer up people as your mountains are still here," Chirag said with a glare making people laugh, "You anyway don't miss me."

"Chirag, I will miss you," Aayrah said and moved forward to hug him. He hugged her back tightly. This one bond, which needed much more attention than it got. Aayrah had come equally closer to Chirag like how Shivansh was. Chirag pecked lightly on the top of her head when she moved back.

"I will too, bunny," he said looking down at her with a smile and moved his gaze to Shivansh who was smiling at them, "Shiv, I always tell her but..."

"You better be good to her," Chirag said sternly. Aayrah smiled and looked at Shivansh as she raised her eyebrows. Shivansh sighed.

"Yes, Kaka, now go before you miss the flight," Shivansh said while making the rest chuckle. 

"Yup," Chirag said and looked at Ahana being unsure. Aayrah got what he meant and held Shivansh's arm.

"Ansh," she shouted. Shivansh looked at her with a frown.

"Ha?" he asked. She smiled.

"Come with me," she said. Shivansh threw her a confused look.

"To where now?" he asked. Aayrah glared at him.

"Just understand a few things. Will you?" she said gritting her teeth. Shivansh looked past her at Ahana and Chirag while getting her signal. 

"Oh, right. Let's go," Shivansh said and moved to the side as he walked past Chirag and Ahana along with Aayrah.

Chirag moved to Ahana who smiled at him and gave him a quick hug. Chirag smiled as he held her back but she moved back as quickly.

"So that was all, Chirag Apte. I am sure you won't be staying in contact with me and all I could hear about you will be from Shivansh. So don't even try to say that you will be calling me," Ahana said while faking a glare. Chirag chuckled.

"I won't because I know how am I,"  He said truthfully. Even though he liked being with her, he doesn't want her to have any kind of hopes because he was unsure. They haven't interacted much after the trip and being apart for two years can fade those temporary feelings. He couldn't tell what he might be doing in the next hour and two years was a huge time. 

"Pretty straightforward," Ahana said and Chirag smiled as he nodded.

"That I am," he said and smirked at her. Ahana chuckled while shaking her head. Chirag took a deep breath as his smile faded. He had a lot to say to her but he was going to keep within himself. Leaving her here pained him a little but he knew it would be better for them. To cut the ties and stay apart. 

"Are you going to speak anything or practicing for later?" Ahana asked raising her eyebrows.

"Later?" Chirag asked crooking his eyebrows. Not understanding the meaning of her words.