c h a p t e r - s e v e n

Day - 3 (continued...)

After roaming around and visiting a few more places in Dalhousie our quartet reached the Chamera lake viewpoint. Chamera lake is an artificial manmade lake and is set amongst a picturesque backdrop with lust trees and green valleys. The lake receives its continuous supply of water from Chamera dam and river Ravi. The excitement on Aayrah's face became visible with a variety of water sports. She had a thing for river rafting and this was a golden chance to do it in mountains though she wanted to try this out in Ladakh someday but where it is written that she can't try out here as well. She grabbed her backpack and ran towards the group of people to enquire about it. Shivansh shook his head seeing that kid but went behind her as he thought of her as responsibility somewhere. 

Chirag chuckled looking at the newly forming bond and moved his gaze to Ahana on his side who was looking anxious. He crooked his eyebrows and gave her a jerk. She looked back at him to meet to his questioning face. 

"I don't want to do that," Ahana said looking terrified. She held her gaze on her sister as she gritted her teeth. Aayrah knew about Ahana's fear for water but still went without being considerate. Maybe that was one reason Aayrah accompanied Shivansh and Chirag. So she could enjoy freely without being set back by her sister. Aayrah and Shivansh were having an argument as usual so Ahana moved her gaze back to Chirag who was still looking at her.

"Why not?" he asked. She sighed and shook her head slightly walking in a different direction than where the water sports registration counter was set.

"Just..." she said and shrugged her shoulders. Chirag's face formed a small smirk as he looked at her scared face by tilting his head and walking beside her.

"You are scared. Don't you?" he asked with raised eyebrows. Ahana frowned and stopped to face him.

"No, I am not," she said casually sounding relaxed but the nervousness was quite visible on her face which made Chirag chuckle. 

"Common, Ahana. Have you seen your face right now?" he said letting out a laugh and pointing his video camera to her face. Ahana's frown deepened hearing him as she moved away from the camera from her face and moved to the side.

"Water scares me," she said finally accepting as she knew it better that Chirag won't stop teasing her.

"Why?" he asked again. She sighed and looked at him with slight irritation.

"How can I tell you why, Chirag?" she asked and looked past at Aayrah and she was discussing with some guy with Shivansh beside her.

"Are, but there must be some reason," Chirag said not leaving her alone. She sighed with frustration this time.

"I don't know maybe I have water phobia," she blurred out so he can shut his mouth close. But instead, he let out a laugh much to her disappointment. She looked at him.

"It's called aquaphobia and it's a different case," he said getting to the facts. 

"How do you know?" she asked again clearly not happy with Chirag. She was pretty stubborn when it came to certain things. If she doesn't want to do something then she won't do that and she hated when someone questioned her with the same. Chirag gazed back at Aayrah and Shivansh and back at Ahana who held a deep frown.

"Let's go. It will be fun," he said calming down. Ahana shook her head slightly.

"No ways," she said. Chirag sighed as he loved adventures and making people experience the thrill with him. 

"Well, you needed this trip badly then why don't you make use of it?" Chirag asked again. Ahana moved eyeballs rapidly in an attempt to get away from his gaze. She feared that he is able to read her more than anyone out there. Aayrah does but she is still her little sister so Ahana knows how to hide from her.