c h a p t e r - t w e n t y f i ve

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," she said and got out of the rickshaw. The rickshaw made a U-turn and went away as she stood across the road looking at the giant glass building. Some unknown anxiety filled her. The feeling she was unknown to was getting her. She was nervous to meet Shivansh after two long weeks. She felt stupid to feel this way but it was what it is.

She shrugged those thoughts away and threw them back in the corner of her mind. She pulled out the mobile from her jeans pocket and adjusted her long kurta again. She stopped at Shivansh's name and took a deep breath before dialing his number. The rings went on and after some time he finally picked up making her feel relieved. She checked the time on her watch. It was still 9.30 in the morning.

"Aaru?" Shivansh spoke. Aayrah chuckled.

"Ansh," She said mimicking him. She was even done imagining him rolling his eyes.

"What happened? It's still early for you," he said and she frowned. 

"Don't talk shit, Egghead. I wake up early, ok?" she said a little loudly, making him laugh.

"Hmm, I am well aware," he said again. She sighed.

"Anyway, where are you?" She asked as a smile started forming on her lips with excitement. Shivansh sighed before speaking again.

"At the office. I have started living here it feels. Aai complains the same," he said and chuckled at the end. Aayrah smiled as the excitement in her drained away.

He was busy and that left her with no option but to go and see Prajakta directly. She deliberately came early to meet Shivansh. She should have thought about it before. It was Friday and it was still a working day despite being the last day of work for most of the company people. Besides, he has been busy even since they have come back from their trip. She sighed.

"Oh okay," she said breathing out. 

"You can talk. It's fine," Shivansh said being the sweet that he was. I smiled and thought for a moment. There was nothing to hide as she is already standing in front of the gate of his company. He would anyway be hurt later if he finds out that she hid this from him. Knowing Shivansh she knew he would feel guilty despite anything being his fault.

"I am in front of your office. But it's o..." Aayrah was saying when he cut her off.

"You are here in Pune? When? How?" he asked with surprise. She smiled genuinely. She wanted to hear the exact expressions in his voice but now she was thinking about how to spend her time till afternoon.

"I just came. It's ok if you are busy. Prajakta has asked me to come to see her office anyway so I can go there," She said and gave an understanding smile. There was silence for some time before he spoke again.

"Wait right there. I will come down in 10 minutes," he said. She frowned and shook her head.

"Ansh, it's ok if you are busy," she said being understanding. If this was her from before then she would have fumed over this and cut the phone right away but she wasn't the same anymore.

"Aayrah, I am really fine with you being mad at me. I am not yet used to this matured understanding Aayrah and that too in a span of just two weeks," he said making her chuckled. What he said was true actually. It was a sudden change for sure but she was still just trying. 

"Okay then listen. I am frustrated. Ok? I came here all the way to surprise you but you are so busy..." She said faking a frown as he cut her off again.

"Wait... I will come down right away, okay?" he said. She smiled and nodded.

"Okay," she said, and cut the call. She took a deep breath and looked around at the trees filled in the surroundings. It was soothing here than in Mumbai which was obvious. She always felt a connection with this city but she had some extra love for Mumbai. A soothing breeze passed past her. The weather was slightly cold as it was almost winter and she can't wait to spend December and January in Pune. She loved cold but staying close to the sea never allowed her to enjoy winter much. Pune was the best option for it. She smiled and moved her gaze at the front when Shivansh walked towards her.