24: DRAGONS - Finding red and purple (2)

A/N: I'm writing this at 2 am so (:

The group which consisted of Skiadrum, the faeries, the dragon who taught me earth magic and I went to the Eastern part of the island. One of the four places which was actually marked on the map. However, when we went to the place where the mark should have been, it was a spot surrounded by trees. Nothing different from the scenery we were used to seeing. Nothing suspicious either.

"There has to be something here"
I thought. Why would the "white" dragon mark it on the map if this place holds no value? There has got to be something here but we just can't see it yet.

"Maybe there really isn't something here? There are four marks, maybe the other three are just there to throw us off and this is one of those three?"

I mean he has a point. I could just be overthinking things, that's what I'm best at anyway. But I have this feeling that we're missing something. I'm anxious, I feel very uncomfortable leaving this place without discovering something.

"Let's look around. Maybe we missed something"
I suggested and everyone seems to agree. And everyone went silent.

"This place is so creepy. As if there's no life to it"
"I feel the same way"
"I'm scared bohoo"
Arrosa was the forest one to break the silence. Then the other faeries chimed in.

I looked around again, and although I feel that there's something wrong, I can't really pinpoint what exactly is wrong. This place looks very similar to the places we've come across before. The trees, the ground, everything's the same. I can't find any differences at all.

"Why do you say that?"
Curious, I asked them. Maybe they're the ones who could provide answers for the uneasiness that I have been feeling since we've arrived at this place.

"Everything is dead at this place"

"Dead?"

"Yeah, I can't feel life. I told you before that we are very connected to nature, right? But the trees, the grass, the flowers and the ground don't give off life. This happens if someone is manipulating it or it's dead. In this case, we can't feel life from it so it's the latter."

"How do you know that it's dead? What if someone is manipulating it to feel dead though it looks alive?"

"The ones who could manipulate nature are only two people. The fae king and the elven king. For example, they could order the plants or the trees to not let anyone in at a specific place. If someone enters that place, the plants would turn hostile and violent and they would attack the intruders."

"But you do have a point, master. Someone could manipulate it. However, I don't see the fae or the elven king doing something like this. Their job is to protect nature so doing something like this is an unforgivable act. Though everything around us looks alive, it's actually already dead. It's like someone absorbed the life force from it."

I nodded. I couldn't agree more. I also can't see the fae or the elven king doing something like this. But who? who would do this?

"Are you sure it's only the fae or elven king who could possibly do something like this?"

"There's actually one more race who could do something like this"
The faeries looked at each other with a look of "should we tell her"

"Don't be surprised but it's a race that the humans praise and follow"

Ahhh. So it's that race.

"Don't worry, I don't like them too"

——

"Let's go. The other group sent us a message, they said they found something at East"
The dragon who taught me earth magic told us. East? So they found something at the West then.

They've began preparing to go back but I feel uneasy. It's like we or maybe it's just me, who feels that something's missing something here. I don't know if everyone feels the same way as me, but I know I shouldn't leave this place for now and continue searching.

Then at that moment, something happened to me. Like what happened to me back at the forest when I met the faeries, my hands began to glow in a brown color with brown orbs surrounding me.

And then what happened next? The same thing. Brown orbs were forming a path that leads to I don't know where but I am compelled to follow it because I know it's for me.

The last time I followed a path, it led me to a cave where a dragon was sleeping. I wonder what's in it for me this time? I'm very grateful to this world because despite not being born with strong magic, I am able to meet strong companions.

It's like this world is compensating me for not being born OP. Well, I may not be born OP but it doesn't mean I can't become one in the future.

"Hey guys, you go on first. I need to check something here"
It seems that they did not see the path created by my magic? They have no reaction at all.

"I'll go with you"
Skidrum suggested but I firmly denied him and said that I would go with the faeries instead.

"I know you care about your race, Skiadrum. So take care of this first. Don't worry I'll come back safe, besides I have Arrosa, Mil and Colette with me"

He was reluctant but he agreed after a few minutes of convincing.

"If you can't catch up to is then just go back at headquarters. If we don't see you there by nighttime then we will begin searching for you, master"

"Alright, same goes for us! If we can't see you all  there then we will begin looking for you"

And then we parted our ways.