Chapter 3 - Little Things

After their big brunch, Reyansh and Kayal both decided to ditch the cleaning for later and slumped on the couch lazily while sipping the wine from earlier

After their big brunch, Reyansh and Kayal both decided to ditch the cleaning for later and slumped on the couch lazily while sipping the wine from earlier. Somewhat, they had reached an unspoken agreement to finish up the bottle then itself.

"I feel so sleepy!" Kayal face-palmed herself and turned to Reyansh who had returned after filling his flute with wine.

"You had just woken up some time ago, and you're sleepy again?" He snickered as he helped her to refill.

"Dude, I was just saying what I feel! You don't have to be so mean! I love my job, no doubt but working from home is kinda killing me. It gets really exhausting with all those phone calls and reassurances. To add to this, my team is conveniently making gross mistakes which I need to re-do. I'm so drained mentally!" Kayal took a long sip of the wine as she sulked to her husband.

"It's just three days into the lockdown and you're already exhausted? Oh my God! How will you handle the upcoming days?" He reached out to release her dark brown hair from the messy bun, much to her displeasure and began to give her scalp a massage.

"To be honest, I really don't know. Damn... hmmm... you're so good at this!"

Kayal found herself relaxing despite feeling apprehensive of what awaits her in the upcoming days. Within minutes of his magical massage, she drifted into a tiny dreamless nap and was snapped back into reality when Reyansh had called out to her.

"Were you sleeping?"

"What? Dude! No! I wasn't sleeping. I was just relaxing." She closed her eyes yet again only to find his fingers gone from her hair now.

"Reyansh, why'd you stop?"

"Because you were going to sleep and I'll have to be all alone throughout the whole day again! I literally have nothing to do right now. Shall we watch a movie?"

"I'll definitely sleep then!"

"Okay, so let's talk! I like talking to a drunk you. Get more wine into your system and start blabbering, will you?"

"Ha! Ha! Very funny! Reyansh Mehrotra I have a very high level of alcohol tolerance unlike you. You are the one who starts blabbering when he's drunk. I get smarter when alcohol enters my system!" Kayal rebuked with a laughter that fluttered his heart. Her laughter is one of the things that he really missed the three months away. He hadn't realized it back then. He simply assumed that he missed her, but it was more like the essence of her being herself without any restriction because ever since he was back, this was the first time he felt the missing piece in his heart being found.

"You know what? You were right! I actually missed you in the past three months whenever I'm not working and all by myself. Remember I told you about not feeling like myself in the ship? And also that there's a weird feeling tugging my heart at all times, I think it's because I was missing you badly!"