(DON'T) LEAVE ME ALONE

They were half way home, when Jen called Ace and when he answered, Jen screamed "ACE...yay!! you were amazing back there today. They keep calling me these days after the shoot, all the photographers complimented you. It seems its very easy to work with you and your photos are turning out to be amazing, they are confident about you and want you in you next ventures too.

But where did you get that confidence, huh? Is it because Almond taught you well or is it because you have someone accompanying you these days? Sam could hear that monkey friend of his shouting on Ace, but why would she? was the question in his mind. He heard Ace replying "Alex".

They reached home post midnight, they had bought food on the way. After getting freshen up, they sat together to eat dinner. Sam was curious to know what Jen and Ace talked about. He simply asked, "Was.. Jen upset I heard her shouting at you? Was it about Alex? Did something happen?"

 "Why don't you ask her directly Samuel. If you are so troubled that she called me, then you tell her and not me." Just her name coming from Sam was making Ace's mind go bonkers.

"Will you stop being rude for once Ace? You don't talk to me these days and now you don't even give me a straight answer?. Sam was hurting but so was Ace.

He wanted to kill Sam or himself, instead he snapped, "Can't you act a little more professional, don't get personal with me. I am not bound to answer you what Jen called me for, go ask her.

Even better, tell her not to call me at all. Whatever you people decide, I will blindly follow. JUST STAY AWAY SAMUEL"

Samuel's looked at him worried, but his voice was stern, "It's Sam, you forgot again. Also it's midnight and you are shouting.." Ace looked wounded, "I don't want to call you Sam anymore. And yes, sorry for shouting, but I am trying.. Samuel. I am fucking trying not to.. but it hurts. It hurts to see you so.. relaxed, Damn it! (he said this one word at a time) JUST LEAVE ME ALONE."

After that Ace quietly went to his room, Samuel also entered his room and tried to sleep. But, since he couldn't, he ended up calling Jen "What the fuck were you talking to him today?"

"Who? Ace? You called me at midnight to ask me this?", Jen was annoyed. "Answer my question Jen" Sam shouted. "No, you answer my question. What the hell happened between you two? I can clearly see he is disturbed these days, he looks worn out. So tell me Sammy what did you say to upset him. I am so sure you must've done something extremely stupid."

"Nothing Jen, if you don't want to answer, I am going to sleep."

"FINE SAMUEL. This weeks shoot went well and I got a lot of positive feedbacks, so I called him immediately." She paused few seconds then said, "I jokingly asked him that how come he has improved so much, was it because Almond taught him well or because you accompanied him, to which he said Alex.

I remember Almond had told me that Alex called Ace in her room to show him the photos of that morning's shoot and also gave guidance to build his confidence, which helped him in the shoot next day, she also complimented Ace in front of Almond.

You know right, initially, all those offers he got was because of his body. They just wanted to, if possible strip him naked and... anyways.

Now things are looking different, they are signing him because they acknowledge his talent, skills and he is easy to work with, which is a good sign and for all this he feels grateful to Alex."

"Sammy, don't be stringent with everything, loosen up a bit. Start expressing yourself, before you loose him..."  Samuel interrupted, "Jen, you are again assuming things, there is nothing, nothing between us."

"OK fine Sammy. If you say so, I believe you. Also, I am glad I always believed in Ace..."

As soon as he disconnected the call, Samuel went to Ace's room. The door was open. Samuel just looked at his sleeping figure and couldn't help but kiss his forehead.

He whispered, "Sweet Dreams Ace, and sorry for hurting you. So, it turns out after all these years I am still very stupid. Sleep Well."

After this he quietly left Ace's room and closed the door. He was weary of constant running around for shoots and troubled because Ace had started ignoring him, today he could see how sad Ace was and he felt helpless.

Sam cursed himself for being so ignorant of Ace's feelings. But, he was still afraid to express himself, afraid to be disappointed again and he disappointing Ace. He was still not comfortable to depend on Ace, afraid he might disrupt Ace's career. 

He thought of quitting being Ace's manager and just focus on office work. The more he and Ace stay away from each other the better it is for  both of them."

Little did Sam know, Ace has not been sleeping well and is awake almost every night, so that he is ready on time for his shoot. He wanted to avoid getting late due to his sleeping habits.. that's why when Samuel came into his room, he was awake and he heard what Samuel said to him.

After listening to it he couldn't stay still, his heart was heavy and he got up and went out of his room. Ace saw Samuel was just about to enter his room and he looked very sad..

Ace, himself was feeling depressed and was hurting inside while he was avoiding Sam. Looking at Sam standing in front if him, Ace wanted to hold him but he somehow only managed to say, "Can I at least hug you to sleep.. Sam. Please."